Disabled functions

Discuss GUI programming with the RapaGUI plugin here
lazi

Disabled functions

Post by lazi »

Could you elaborate this change a bit deeper?
- Change: Since modal event loops are no longer supported by RapaGUI, the plugin now disables all
Hollywood functions which attempt to start a modal event loop, e.g. WaitLeftMouse(), WaitSampleEnd(),
InKeyStr(), etc.; these can't be used together with RapaGUI any longer
My script does gfx on standard Hollywood displays and uses RapaGUI for some configuration windows. Changing to RapaGUI 2 it says that DisplayTransitionFX() is disabled by the plugin on windows.
Is it rely on the above change or a bug?
It is working on Amiga but you mentioned something similar concerning WaitEvent().
SamuraiCrow

Re: Disabled functions

Post by SamuraiCrow »

I could venture a guess that it can only display in a window section with a Hollywood tag.
I'm on registered MorphOS using FlowStudio.
airsoftsoftwair

Re: Disabled functions

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

lazi wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:07 pm Is it rely on the above change or a bug?
No, that's defined behaviour. DisplayTransitionFX() can't be used directly because it will also block the script until the effect has finished and that is forbidden now. However, there's no need to worry: You can still do what you want, you just need to put DisplayTransitionFX() into asynchronous mode by setting the "Async" tag to TRUE and then draw the effect using AsyncDrawFrame() from an interval function installed using SetInterval() or something.

Sorry for making this more complicated in RapaGUI 2.0 but on systems like Android and macOS there really is no such thing as a modal loop so I had to find a way to make RapaGUI compatible with that so certain things are a little more complicated now but still manageable, I hope :)