Indexing sequence for textentries on Android

Discuss GUI programming with the RapaGUI plugin here
amyren

Indexing sequence for textentries on Android

Post by amyren »

When creating an app with several textentries on screen you can use Tab to jump to next entry, and it will activate the textentries from left to right and then down to next row where it continues left to right.
But on Android each textentry will be activated with the onscreen keyboard below, and there will be a "Next" button to continue to next textentry. But it will not jump to then next to the right, it will just go down to the textentry below the one you just edited. When it reach the bottom left entry the button changes to "Finish" and will not take you to any of the right-side entries.
Another confusing thing about this is that on android the name of the textentry is not displayed in this mode, so you will not know which textentry you are at after pressing "Next".

Is it possible to set the sequence, or perhaps can this be fixed in next update?
Ideally it should follow the same sequence as when using the Tab on windows, and also pressing "Finish" should be linked to the "Ok" button so that the dialog is completed this way.

Take this dialog as an example
airsoftsoftwair

Re: Indexing sequence for textentries on Android

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Can you post an MCVE so I can quickly test this here?
amyren

Post by amyren »

Just take your own example Dialog, make an applet of it to use with Hollywood player. Copy the xml files to the Dialogs folder but change the edit.xml from <colgroup columns="2"> to <colgroup columns="4">
airsoftsoftwair

Ok, will check what's wrong there.
airsoftsoftwair

This is also fixed now. RapaGUI supports Textentry.AdvanceOnCR now which can be used to achieve what you want.
amyren

Post by amyren »

It does not work like that for me. I did test this now. I applied AdvanceOnCR = "True" for all the textentries in the xml file.
But on Android it still does not go to the next textentry, it just jumps to the textentry below.

Here is a screenshot from my Android tablet, showing how I just have entered 'Etternavn', and pressed the Next button on the virtual keyboard.
The next textentry should be 'Fornavn', but as you can see the active field is instead 'Telefon nr'
airsoftsoftwair

amyren wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:18 am It does not work like that for me. I did test this now.
Um, of course this fix is not yet available so it obviously won't work...
amyren

Post by amyren »

Ok. I had the impression that the inbuilt plugin in Android was based on RapaGUI 2.0, so thats why I gave it a test.
airsoftsoftwair

amyren wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 9:14 pm Ok. I had the impression that the inbuilt plugin in Android was based on RapaGUI 2.0
Yes, it is but it's still a WIP and that change hasn't found its way into the Android version yet.