Changing appearance of listview

Discuss GUI programming with the RapaGUI plugin here
pecaN

Changing appearance of listview

Post by pecaN »

Hi,

I'm still new to RapaGUI so I may have overlooked it in the docs, but is it possible to change appearance of a listview colum titles somehow? On Windows10, colum titles texts are of the same font, size and color as listview items, would be nice to have the possibility to implement e.g. background, or styled text to distinguish it from listview items... thanks pecaN
airsoftsoftwair

Re: Changing appearance of listview

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

That's not possible because those are provided by the OS. You can, however, try to set Listview.ForceMode to "Dataview" or "Listview" and see if you get a better look. AFAIR "Dataview" uses a custom list view implementation which might look better than the default one on Windows 10.
pecaN

Post by pecaN »

thanks,

so I read it right... but the ForceMode="Listview" argument doesn't work for me and Hollywood says there's an error creating MOAI object listview, only normal or dataview works... I have 8 columns listview. And please can you explain this sentence from the docs ? I don't understand :

Listview
Use a Listview widget. Listview widgets support everything instead of check boxes, editable entries, right and center alignment and hiding columns.

the word "instead of" doesn't make sense for me here... ?

pecaN
pecaN

Post by pecaN »

OK, checked it again. now ForceMode="Listview" works because I removed Editable="true" from one column. So I think that in the RapaGUI manual it should be like this :

Listview
Use a Listview widget. Listview widgets support everything except of check boxes, editable entries, right and center alignment and hiding columns.

because if you have one at least one of those activated, ForceMode="Listview" doesn't work.

pecaN
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

pecaN wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:06 pm OK, checked it again. now ForceMode="Listview" works because I removed Editable="true" from one column. So I think that in the RapaGUI manual it should be like this :

Listview
Use a Listview widget. Listview widgets support everything except of check boxes, editable entries, right and center alignment and hiding columns.

because if you have one at least one of those activated, ForceMode="Listview" doesn't work.

pecaN
Huh? That's exactly how it is described in the manual, see here...