Copy and paste in text and textview

Discuss GUI programming with the RapaGUI plugin here
zylesea

Copy and paste in text and textview

Post by zylesea »

i don't know whether I understood how copy and paste on RapaGUI works in general - but how to enable/allow copy and paste from text or textview?
airsoftsoftwair

Re: Copy and paste in text and textview

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Paste is out of question here because RapaGUI's Text and TextView classes aren't editable so paste is not going to work. Copy is another thing. It isn't supported for Text and TextView on Android at the moment but the problem's root is actually MUI because Floattext.mcc doesn't support copying RapaGUI doesn't support it either. On Windows, however, it is supported so maybe it should be supported on Android too but I'd also have to check Linux and macOS because I'm not sure if it's working on those platforms at the moment... so maybe Windows is currently the exception and the other ones are the rule ;)
zylesea

Post by zylesea »

I see. And of course I meant copy only - just used too much to the fixed term "copy and paste", hence...
Pity the problem is already within MUI as Amiga is still my main interest anyway.
airsoftsoftwair

zylesea wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:05 am I see. And of course I meant copy only - just used too much to the fixed term "copy and paste", hence...
Pity the problem is already within MUI as Amiga is still my main interest anyway.
Of course you can always file MUI feature requests.

For OS3/OS4 MUI: http://muidev.de
For MorphOS: http://morph.zone

Text.mui and Floattext.mui are the classes that would have to support this.
bitRocky

Post by bitRocky »

For Text.mui objects you can set MUIA_Text_Marking to TRUE when creating the Textobject.
Then you are able to select (part of) the text. After releasing the mousebutton, it will be automatically copied to the clipboard!
airsoftsoftwair

bitRocky wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:00 pm For Text.mui objects you can set MUIA_Text_Marking to TRUE when creating the Textobject.
Then you are able to select (part of) the text. After releasing the mousebutton, it will be automatically copied to the clipboard!
Ok, so this could be added to RapaGUI but it still won't allow copying from Floattext objects...
airsoftsoftwair

Code: Select all

- New [Amiga]: When Text.Frame is set to TRUE, the text inside the text object will be markable; note that this requires MUI 4.0