Show/Hide Combobox List

Discuss GUI programming with the RapaGUI plugin here
PEB

Show/Hide Combobox List

Post by PEB »

Is there a method for the Combobox class that would allow me to show/hide the list (doing what the button does, but with a command)?
PEB

Re: Show/Hide Combobox List

Post by PEB »

What I'm trying to do is create a text entry widget that will display suggestions in a floating widget underneath it while the user is typing.

For this to work well, I might also need something like Combobox.Quiet (to turn on and off the refresh) added.

Or is there a better way to accomplish this?
SamuraiCrow

Post by SamuraiCrow »

You could try wrapping it with a pageview gadget with the "none" mode to prevent it from forming tabs at the top.
I'm on registered MorphOS using FlowStudio.
PEB

Post by PEB »

The pageview gadget would still take up room in the GUI when visible; so it would displace other parts of the GUI. The nice thing about the Combobox list is that it floats above the GUI without effecting the layout at all whether the list is shown or hidden.
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

It would be possible to implement methods for showing and hiding the combobox list but I'm not sure if this would be of any help because if you did it like that, you'd still need to embed a combobox widget below your text entry widget and this would look rather ugly so I'm not sure I understand how you want this to work.