InstallEventHandler & RapaGUI...

Discuss GUI programming with the RapaGUI plugin here
tboeckel

Re: InstallEventHandler & RapaGUI...

Post by tboeckel »

Tuxedo wrote:I tryed to submit a bug in MUI bugtracker but get always(tryed 3 times):

Trac error
Submission rejected as potential spam
Akismet says content is spam

What to do?
Did you log in before opening the ticket?
Tuxedo

Post by Tuxedo »

nope, I tryed to post with put email in email field as described in bug submitting TOS if read right...
However I'll try to register and try again to submit later that evening...
btw...what do you think about that behaviour(or bug?)
Simone"Tuxedo"Monsignori, Perugia, ITALY.
tboeckel

Post by tboeckel »

Tuxedo wrote:what do you think about that behaviour(or bug?)
Right now I have no idea what could be causing the issue. I'll have to investigate a bit. Hence it would be good if you could open a ticket at muidev.de, as I cannot tell when exactly I will have time to care about the issue. Just to make it not being forgotten.
tboeckel

Post by tboeckel »

I finally found the time to do the necessary research. String class does deactivate itself when RETURN is pressed (and hence MUIA_String_Acknowledge is triggered). But this deactivation does not happen immediately, but upon the next input event. In case of the pressed RETURN key this is the release of the same key. But since MUIA_String_Acknowledge is triggered upon pressing RETURN already the additional Wait() puts everything back into to desired order, while without the Wait() the window's active object will be set before String class sets it to something else and hence causes the experienced effect.

With MUI 3.8 String class was based on Intuition's string.gadget class. Since the switch to Textinput.mcc things have changed. This seems like bad news, but the contrary is true. Although String class will do the deactivation after the application's notification handling it is possible to let a String object remain active by setting MUIA_Textinput_RemainActive to TRUE. With that attribute your code does no longer need to set the active object itself and the String object will always remain active, even if a mouse click outside the String object happens. Perhaps that behaviour suits your needs.
Tuxedo

Post by Tuxedo »

@tboeckel

uhm...
I tryed setting:

SetEnv MUIA_Textinput_RemainActive TRUE (and also 1)

But nothing changes on my TextInput gadget behaviour...where I'm wrong?

However If I undertstanded right that var was MUI global(or maybe internal to MUI prefs for hte app itself?) for all TextInput gadgets so all MUI programs have that behaviour after setting that?
Btw...since dont know users personal tastes, dont seems to me a good ides set a standard variable to choose a behaviour for an app.
Or maybe I'm writing so stupid thing since a newbe on gui handling...
Sorry for bothering.

PS I dont still set a MUI bug report since I miss the mail registration sent from mui bagtracker because it was in my spam folder and in that holydays I dont see that...still need to set it as reminder/behaviour request?
tboeckel

Post by tboeckel »

Tuxedo wrote:uhm...
I tryed setting:

SetEnv MUIA_Textinput_RemainActive TRUE (and also 1)
MUIA_Textinput_RemainActive is no ENV variable, but a simple MUI attribute which must be passed at object creation time, just like any other attribute.
Tuxedo wrote:However If I undertstanded right that var was MUI global(or maybe internal to MUI prefs for hte app itself?) for all TextInput gadgets so all MUI programs have that behaviour after setting that?
Btw...since dont know users personal tastes, dont seems to me a good ides set a standard variable to choose a behaviour for an app.
Or maybe I'm writing so stupid thing since a newbe on gui handling...
Sorry for bothering.
As a simple attribute it will affect a single object only and not all objects in arbitrary applications. That would be disasterous.

I cannot tell how to add further attributes in Hollywood code, but in normal C code it looks like this:

Code: Select all

Object *str;

str = StringObject,
   MUIA_Frame, MUIV_Frame_String,
   MUIA_String_Contents, "the intial contentents",
   MUIA_Textinput_RemainActive, TRUE,
End;
Tuxedo wrote:PS I dont still set a MUI bug report since I miss the mail registration sent from mui bagtracker because it was in my spam folder and in that holydays I dont see that...still need to set it as reminder/behaviour request?
Since the behaviour regarding string acknowledgement and deactivation of the triggering object has changed fundamentally since MUI 3.9 I suggest to open a new ticket. Both as a reminder and as a handle for future references.
Tuxedo

Post by Tuxedo »

@tboeckel

me too dunno how to set that Attribute...to me seems not possible but probably only because I'm noob...

Andreas?
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

It's not possible to use attributes which aren't supported by MUI Royale yet. I'll add support for MUIA_Textinput_RemainActive in the next version.
tboeckel

Post by tboeckel »

I suggest to add support for all MUIA_Textinput_XXX attributes, just to avoid unnecessary repeated work for similar attributes.
Tuxedo

Post by Tuxedo »

THANK YOU!

fro the moment I'll can live without it ;)

Keep up good work guys!