A couple of requests for the new RG version

Discuss GUI programming with the RapaGUI plugin here
ilbarbax

A couple of requests for the new RG version

Post by ilbarbax »

I have a couple queries for the new RapaGui version that I would think is in preparation considering the exit of Hollywood 7.
I think would be useful to have textentry.Valuechange to be notified. This would add to check what the user enter in the textentry (i.e check if a date has the right format). This would be like for Aknowledge but not limited to the Return key.
The second request is to add a popdate requester to properly enter or modify dates.

Thanks Andreas for your great work
airsoftsoftwair

Re: A couple of requests for the new RG version

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Conditional text entry is planned. I'm not sure about the date picker, though. Is there a MUI gadget for picking a date? I don't remember one.
p-OS

Post by p-OS »

airsoftsoftwair wrote: I'm not sure about the date picker, though. Is there a MUI gadget for picking a date? I don't remember one.
http://aminet.net/search?path[]=dev/mui ... ai+Hofmann

To see those date related classes ina ction, have a look at Homebank (which I use daily)

http://aminet.net/biz/misc/HomeBank.lha
airsoftsoftwair

Looks very old, are those classes available for OS4 and MorphOS as well?
p-OS

Post by p-OS »

AFAIK they exist for 68k only, but at least on MorphOS they work fine (OS4 don't know). And as they are based on powerful date.library they are also powerful when it comes to special date related issues (e.g. the fact that some days don't exist in gregorian calendar or support different calendar systems or different beginnings of the week).

And actually there are no alternative classes for the job. Asking the user for input as a date seems to be an exotic task on Amiga systems it seems ;)

Maybe there never was the need for further development as they already do everything as exspected.
airsoftsoftwair

Well, using 68k classes in PPC programs on OS4 won't work without glue code, so that's not very good. I've also seen that Alfonso Ranieri has written a Calendar.mcc here: http://alfie.altervista.org/soft/

But looks like it's abandoned as well, and no OS4 either.
ilbarbax

Post by ilbarbax »

When we should expect RapaGui1.1, because as far as I understand the 1.0 is 32 bit only and does not run with HW7.0 64 bit version (I refer to the windows one). I say that because I can't run (compile) my program requiring rapaGui under HW7. I'm getting always an error message on the @REQUIRE line and I had to revert to HW6.1 when instead other plugin are loaded properly.

PS. please note that having different HW versions installed the gui refers to only one set-up data, therefore each time I switch from 7 to 6.1 and viceversa I have to re-setup the ide settings. This is quite annoying.

thanks
airsoftsoftwair

RapaGUI 1.1 is in release candidate stage and should be out really soon...
SamuraiCrow

Post by SamuraiCrow »

I had the idea to make an organizer app in Hollywood and it would have been possible except that MCC_Calendar isn't available for OS4 or AROS. Even though it's on the Aminet now I see that it had been noticed in its old link.
I'm on registered MorphOS using FlowStudio.
mrupp

Post by mrupp »

SamuraiCrow wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 2:22 am I had the idea to make an organizer app in Hollywood and it would have been possible except that MCC_Calendar isn't available for OS4 or AROS. Even though it's on the Aminet now I see that it had been noticed in its old link.
So your suggestion is to include a calendar widget in RP 2.0? Would be very cool, I agree, but it also sounds like a lot of work to implement that for all different platforms in a compatible way...

What do you think, Andreas?