ListviewColumn Sortable="0"

Discuss GUI programming with the RapaGUI plugin here
SamuraiCrow

ListviewColumn Sortable="0"

Post by SamuraiCrow »

When I looked at the documentation for the sortable attribute, there appears to be no way to switch which column is sorted. Also, it's listed as being a number!? What values go to which behavior? Currently setting sortable to 0 in column 3 sorts by the first column. Sorting by any other positive value is stuck on the column it is selected in (column 3 in this case). Is there any way I can change the default column to sort, preferably by clicking the column title?
I'm on registered MorphOS using FlowStudio.

airsoftsoftwair

Re: ListviewColumn Sortable="0"

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

SamuraiCrow wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:29 am
When I looked at the documentation for the sortable attribute, there appears to be no way to switch which column is sorted. Also, it's listed as being a number!?
Yes, that's clearly a typo. Type should be boolean instead. I'll fix that.
What values go to which behavior? Currently setting sortable to 0 in column 3 sorts by the first column. Sorting by any other positive value is stuck on the column it is selected in (column 3 in this case). Is there any way I can change the default column to sort, preferably by clicking the column title?
Clicking the column title to sort might not work on all platforms but it should be possible to manually change the sorting column by setting Listviewcolumn.Sortable appropriately. Have you tried that?

SamuraiCrow

Re: ListviewColumn Sortable="0"

Post by SamuraiCrow »

airsoftsoftwair wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:48 pm
Yes, that's clearly a typo. Type should be boolean instead. I'll fix that.

Clicking the column title to sort might not work on all platforms but it should be possible to manually change the sorting column by setting Listviewcolumn.Sortable appropriately. Have you tried that?
Thanks for fixing the docs. I suppose I could give each column an id field and clear the original field, set the new one and sort the listview again.
I'm on registered MorphOS using FlowStudio.