avif format graphic file

Discuss about plugins that don't have a dedicated forum
Juan Carlos

avif format graphic file

Post by Juan Carlos »

Hi Andreas, I discover the avif graphic format file the alternative to webp... and will be possible one plugin or this format file, or as with webp that system must to has the support to this, but with some systems these formats as webp or this avif is impossible.
Thanks.
SamuraiCrow

Re: avif format graphic file

Post by SamuraiCrow »

Link to source repo if interested. Main framework is in C99. 8 bit-per-channel codec may also work. Just FYI, it looks hopeful. CMake + cross compilation might work.
I'm on registered MorphOS using FlowStudio.
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

Thank you for the link but my C skills aren't so good to make the compilation for Hollywood plugin, and I'll like to make it to have this plugin for Amiga68k, MorphOS and Windows.
SamuraiCrow

Post by SamuraiCrow »

@Juan Carlos
The link is for anyone willing to attempt it.

I don't have a Vampire so I'm curious about how much performance you're expecting for render speed. I haven't checked if it's possible to even use this on 68k. Also, I don't use Windows so you're on your own for that platform.
I'm on registered MorphOS using FlowStudio.
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

@SamuraiCrow
Well, the problem is common for other systems like Linux too, I wrote an e-mail to Oliver Roberts to know if he has planned make a datatype for IBrowse and as normal dataype for Amiga systems, but I'm waiting his answers. :?: