LoadPlugin plananarama.hwp doesn´t work

Discuss about plugins that don't have a dedicated forum
fingus

LoadPlugin plananarama.hwp doesn´t work

Post by fingus »

Loading the Plugin manually doesn´t work under AmigaOS3:

Code: Select all

LoadPlugin("plananarama.hwp", {DitherMode = "None", Precision = "Exact"})
WaitLeftMouse()
End
AmigaOS3 complaining about "not supported Planar-Display", e.g. doesn´t find the Plugin.

I do need this to test my Code in the Development-Environment under Windows and its annoying to comment out every time the @REQUIRE "Planamarama"-Line to do tests under Windows. So i created a switch which test which OS the script is running and only loading it on AmigaOS3 and then i figured out the bug.
SamuraiCrow

Re: LoadPlugin plananarama.hwp doesn´t work

Post by SamuraiCrow »

Have you considered using a preprocessor #IF statement to do a Plananorama-specific startup and a general-purpose one? It should work that way.
I'm on registered MorphOS using FlowStudio.
fingus

Post by fingus »

SamuraiCrow wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:31 pm Have you considered using a preprocessor #IF statement to do a Plananorama-specific startup and a general-purpose one? It should work that way.
Yes, i still have that switch in my code but its not the Problem here.

The Problem is that Hollywood brings me an Error-Message if i try to add the Plugin via Loadplugin instead of @REQUIRE Preprocessor.
plouf

Post by plouf »

i am not sure but i believe that hollywood fails because it fails to execute anything without a gfx card UNLESS plananarama is first loaded
i guess that loadplugin start internal hollywood, which in turn fails because there is no gfx card

samuraicrow suggestion should works with @REQUIRE too..
isnt following code works as the first command in your script?

@IF #HW_AMIGAOS3
 @REQUIRE "Plananarama"
@ENDIF

Additional to above, pananarama readme suggest to use tooltype to load it for this exact reason
Or you can use the REQUIREPLUGINS argument from the command line or set the tooltype of the very
same name. This is the preferred method to use if you don't want to modify the scripts you want
to run with Plananarama, maybe because they should only use Plananarama on AmigaOS 3 systems but
on other systems they should run without it.
Christos
fingus

Post by fingus »

deleted, double post
Last edited by fingus on Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
fingus

Post by fingus »

deleted, double post
Last edited by fingus on Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
fingus

Post by fingus »

plouf wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:02 pm i am not sure but i believe that hollywood fails because it fails to execute anything without a gfx card UNLESS plananarama is first loaded
i guess that loadplugin start internal hollywood, which in turn fails because there is no gfx card

samuraicrow suggestion should works with @REQUIRE too..
isnt following code works as the first command in your script?

@IF #HW_AMIGAOS3
 @REQUIRE "Plananarama"
@ENDIF
samuraicrow suggestion above is working very well, i take that, thank you all for the help.
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

The reason why it doesn't work with LoadPlugin() is that Plananarama is a display adapter plugins, i.e. it replaces core components of Hollywood with custom ones. That's why it must be activated at a very early stage so it's impossible to do that at runtime using LoadPlugin(). So it's not a bug. SamuraiCrow's suggestion is the way to go.