work with zip

Discuss about plugins that don't have a dedicated forum
lazi

Re: work with zip

Post by lazi »

Sorry to hijack this thread, but the subject is so loosy I can put my wish here.

I found that the zip plugin requires zip files with obligatory ".zip" file extension.
Beyond the fact that for an Amiga user, the file extensions are just creations of lesser minds, there are other resons against them.
Take the examples of common extensions like .xlsx or .docx which are really standard .zip. Confusing isn't it?

So, is there a way to open any filename with the zip plugin, or may I hope for a new feature in the future?
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

lazi wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:03 pm So, is there a way to open any filename with the zip plugin, or may I hope for a new feature in the future?
Hmm, so the file and directory adapters installed by the zip plugin indeed check for the .zip extension so opening zip archives using OpenDirectory() or OpenFile() is probably not going to work although you might be able to wrap a .docx file inside a virtual file and give that virtual file a .zip extension which might work but of course that's rather mind-twisting...

However, calling zip.OpenArchive() directly should work. Have you tried that?
lazi

Post by lazi »

airsoftsoftwair wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:01 pm However, calling zip.OpenArchive() directly should work. Have you tried that?
Yes, it works. Thanks!