Plananarama and amiga without graphic card

Discuss about plugins that don't have a dedicated forum
jPV

Re: Plananarama and amiga without graphic card

Post by jPV »

Check the requirements section in my readme here:
http://aminet.net/package/gfx/show/RNOPDF_ECS-AGA

That was the combo that worked on my A1200/KS3.1 with B1230-IV (no FPU).

And about the "Error allocating bitmap!" error. Have you tried to use smaller display for your HW script? Default dimensions are pretty large for AGA...
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

fingus wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:45 am I have to add the fact, that nearly all new Turboboards (e. g. AcA1234... etc) lacks a FPU. So this Problem will increase in the Future.

Maybe it's possible to offer a workaround in Hollywood to prevent this crash?

In my case it means i have to buy a 68882 FPU to use it myself and can't offer my Software to FPUless Amigans. Or using another Development Environment which haven't any FPU-Library dependies.
I don’t really understand the problem here. Can’t you just add an installer to your software that asks whether the user wants to have the fpu or non–fpu version of your software and then the installer installs the appropriate versions of your software and the library dependencies? Or am I missing something here? I don’t really see the problem here…
plouf

Post by plouf »

fingus wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:35 am
airsoftsoftwair wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:08 pm
fingus wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:18 am Which version really work?
There might not even be one that doesn't crash because obviously you just shouldn't do that since non-FPU systems can't run FPU code. You can't install 68040 binaries on a 68020 system and expect them to work either...
So what to do?

My Script does not calculate any floats. My Blizzard 1230iv has a stripped and missing 68881 fpu. Should i delete the 68030.library?

As i understand live compiling always use the - exetype -classic flag which is not compiling for FPU Amiga.

I am using AmigaOS3.2 with the Replacement ROMs on a real Amiga 1200.
You are actually telling us that
1) you have NOT fpu
2) you non fpu plugins hollywood
3) you have non fpu render library for 68020
Yet again it crash ?

Does it crash with simple hello world program or somethink more complex?

Can you provide link with render lib you use ?
Christos
fingus

Post by fingus »

plouf wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:19 am
fingus wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:35 am
airsoftsoftwair wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:08 pm

There might not even be one that doesn't crash because obviously you just shouldn't do that since non-FPU systems can't run FPU code. You can't install 68040 binaries on a 68020 system and expect them to work either...
So what to do?

My Script does not calculate any floats. My Blizzard 1230iv has a stripped and missing 68881 fpu. Should i delete the 68030.library?

As i understand live compiling always use the - exetype -classic flag which is not compiling for FPU Amiga.

I am using AmigaOS3.2 with the Replacement ROMs on a real Amiga 1200.
You are actually telling us that
1) you have NOT fpu
2) you non fpu plugins hollywood
3) you have non fpu render library for 68020
Yet again it crash ?

Does it crash with simple hello world program or somethink more complex?

Can you provide link with render lib you use ?
There seem to be a new Problem with the GUIGFX.library, which did´t work with newer render.librarys?
I try also the guigfx.library no fpu Archive from Aminet, the notes say they are for 68040 or higher without fpu, but with the same result:

fingus

Post by fingus »

airsoftsoftwair wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:09 am
fingus wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:45 am I have to add the fact, that nearly all new Turboboards (e. g. AcA1234... etc) lacks a FPU. So this Problem will increase in the Future.

Maybe it's possible to offer a workaround in Hollywood to prevent this crash?

In my case it means i have to buy a 68882 FPU to use it myself and can't offer my Software to FPUless Amigans. Or using another Development Environment which haven't any FPU-Library dependies.
I don’t really understand the problem here. Can’t you just add an installer to your software that asks whether the user wants to have the fpu or non–fpu version of your software and then the installer installs the appropriate versions of your software and the library dependencies? Or am I missing something here? I don’t really see the problem here…
The Problem is that Hollywood-Programms are not starting or directly crashing to Guru without FPU on Real Amiga 1200 or WinUAE. I tested all render.library Versions from Aminet, i got the Guru or "guigfx.library Version 20 not found" - Error, even when the correct Version is installed, see Screenshot in above Post from me.

I did install Fblit and add Hollywood to the List.
airsoftsoftwair

The crash is related to render.library and guigfx.library. Obviously, running FPU code on a non-FPU system will crash. That’s the same as trying to run binaries compiled for 68020 on a 68000 system etc. That can’t work.

I don’t understand why you get that error that guigfx.library can’t be opened, though. Can you post a SnoopDOS log so that I can see what’s going on?
fingus

Post by fingus »

airsoftsoftwair wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:23 pm The crash is related to render.library and guigfx.library. Obviously, running FPU code on a non-FPU system will crash. That’s the same as trying to run binaries compiled for 68020 on a 68000 system etc. That can’t work.

I still understand and accept this fact 😉

I don’t understand why you get that error that guigfx.library can’t be opened, though. Can you post a SnoopDOS log so that I can see what’s going on?
airsoftsoftwair

The log doesn't seem to contain OpenLibrary() calls. Can you go to "Functions..." in SnoopDOS and select the OpenLibrary and OpenDevice checkmarks and post the new log?

Also, do other apps that use guigfx.library work? For example, try MysticView: http://aminet.net/gfx/show/MysticView.lha Does it work?
fingus

Post by fingus »

airsoftsoftwair wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:39 pm The log doesn't seem to contain OpenLibrary() calls. Can you go to "Functions..." in SnoopDOS and select the OpenLibrary and OpenDevice checkmarks and post the new log?
https://www.schapke.org/webmail/SnoopDos.log

airsoftsoftwair

Are you on a 68000 system? AFAICS the problem is that render.library initialization fails even before render.library opens utility.library so from looking at the source code, the only thing that can actually fail this early is this:

Code: Select all

btst	#AFB_68020,AttnFlags+1(a6)
beq.b	libinit_fail
i.e. it checks for the 68020 flag in ExecBase. Of course this flag should also be set for all CPUs > 68020.

Please post the output of the "CPU" command and tell me the exact version of render.library you're using and also what AmigaOS version this is (any patches?).