XPKMaster plugin but not only.

Discuss about plugins that don't have a dedicated forum
Sheeva700

XPKMaster plugin but not only.

Post by Sheeva700 »

Hi,

YaFaPlayer plugin is working very well and it's fun !

I was just a bit despitate when i understand that the internal XPK decruncher is the only one available for playback. (nuke,rake,len,stonecracker)
i understant the compatbility reason of this and why you did so.

I Understand also that i'm one of few peoples in this galaxy who is still creating anim using yafa (a guy from Orion is still using this too) :lol: .

So can i propose a new plugin for Amiga "like" platform ?

XPKMaster Plugin. :idea:
XPKMASTER library is one of most usefull library for amiga platform and compression/encoding sub libs are still enhanced (PPC).
This one can open a whole new "compression/encoding" functionalities to hollywood scripter like me.
and not only regarding my YaFa concern. (but i'm still dreaming of a SaveAnim() with #ANMFMT_YAFA argument). :mrgreen:

Another idea is a more general plugin where we can use any .library and/or .device ! :P :idea:

By extension, this can be able to use LIBRARY from and for other platform. (requiering of course a dedicated Platform Plugin).
btw, this kind of plugin can totally enhance Hollywood without creating a specific plugin for each situation.
The problem is how to keep that simple. that where Andreas is amazing. :)

Dominique.
airsoftsoftwair

Re: XPKMaster plugin but not only.

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Packer plugins are indeed planned because since Hollywood 6.0 the SDK has all the interfaces needed for it. A general library/device plugin is not going to come from me, however, because native programming is not something I'd like to have in Hollywood.