MakeButton and DoubleBuffer Displays

Discuss OpenGL® programming with the GL Galore plugin here
TheMartian

MakeButton and DoubleBuffer Displays

Post by TheMartian »

Hi

Is it correct, that if I have a DoubleBuffer display I cannot use MakeButton() to create zones for mouseevents? The regular eventhandler responds to mouse events (if set up to do so). But if I include a MakeButton statement, I am told that - 'A BGPIC needs to be active when calling button functions'.

In other words with a DoubleBuffer Display, as it is required by GLGALORE, i should read the mouse coordinates from regular mouse events and 'decode' my zones in the code?

regards
Jesper
jalih

Re: MakeButton and DoubleBuffer Displays

Post by jalih »

TheMartian wrote:Is it correct, that if I have a DoubleBuffer display I cannot use MakeButton() to create zones for mouseevents? The regular eventhandler responds to mouse events (if set up to do so). But if I include a MakeButton statement, I am told that - 'A BGPIC needs to be active when calling button functions'.
Try using MakeButton() calls before calling BeginDoubleBuffer() and it should work fine.
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

This is actually a bug. I've fixed it now. Simply do as jalih says and create the button before starting double-buffer mode to workaround the issue.
TheMartian

Post by TheMartian »

Hi

Yes, executing the MakeButton() statement before setting up a DoubleBuffer works for me too. thanks. Since I experiment with multiple displays I just have to be careful that I have activated the right display for my MakeButton() statements.. :)

regards
Jesper