ListViewColumn (hide?)

Discuss GUI programming with the MUI Royale plugin here
djrikki

ListViewColumn (hide?)

Post by djrikki »

Hi,

I want to be able to attach data/info to an Item in a listview which is for backend use only thus it doesn't want to be visible to the user.

Is it possible to make a listviewcolumn completely invisible? I have missed around with Weight, MinWidth and MaxWidth, but this doesn't give results that I am entirely happy with.

Code: Select all

<listview id="appstore-recent" minlineheight="40" cyclechain="1" notify="active">
										<column title="Title" minwidth="35"/>
										<column title="Category" minwidth="23"/>
										<column title="Version" minwidth="10"/>
										<column title="Size" minwidth="10"/>
										<column title="Rating" minwidth="18"/>
										<column weight="0" minwidth="0" maxwidth="0"/>
										<column weight="0" minwidth="0" maxwidth="0"/>
									</listview>
Evolve - Rapid GUI Development tool for MUI Royale and RapaGUI
http://myevolve.wordpress.com
airsoftsoftwair

Re: ListViewColumn (hide?)

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Yes, it's possible with MUI 3.9 and up but MUI Royale doesn't support it as of now. I'll add it for the next version, though.
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Column.Hidden is now supported for OS4 and MorphOS. Additionally, all Column class attributes have an applicability of ISG now which means you can modify them at runtime, too.
djrikki

Post by djrikki »

Under AROS will the GUI still be created successfully and any unsupported .Attributes be simply ignored?

Whats the general behaviour of PrepareGUI() under AmigaOS, AROS and MorphOS when meeting unsupported Attributes or even Classes that are not supported by the platform's MUI implementation. In respect to Classes in particular I assume that if for example Toolbar.mcc or TextEditor.mcc is missing the application will simply not run and exit quietly.

Are you able to summarise in a paragraph or two the expected behaviour of any/all of the topics touched on here within the opening pages of the documentation itself?
Evolve - Rapid GUI Development tool for MUI Royale and RapaGUI
http://myevolve.wordpress.com