Dropdown Menu without Window forced

Discuss GUI programming with the MUI Royale plugin here
fingus

Dropdown Menu without Window forced

Post by fingus »

For my project Flipclock i want to add a dropdown-Menu but without an extra MUI-Window. I take the Menu-Example.

When i remove the not needed <window>-Tag from the XML, it always want a Window declaration with at least some tags in it.

How to prevent this?
I just need Pulldown-Menu.
airsoftsoftwair

Re: Dropdown Menu without Window forced

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

fingus wrote:For my project Flipclock i want to add a dropdown-Menu but without an extra MUI-Window. I take the Menu-Example.

When i remove the not needed <window>-Tag from the XML, it always want a Window declaration with at least some tags in it.

How to prevent this?
That's just not possible. In MUI Royale menustrips are MUI classes as well, so they need a MUI window and MUI application to work with.
fingus

Post by fingus »

Andreas wrote:
fingus wrote:For my project Flipclock i want to add a dropdown-Menu but without an extra MUI-Window. I take the Menu-Example.

How to prevent this?
That's just not possible. In MUI Royale menustrips are MUI classes as well, so they need a MUI window and MUI application to work with.
Ok, then i have to declare my double-buffered hollywood-window as MUI-Window in order to get the Dropdown-Menu running?
airsoftsoftwair

Yes. But keep in mind that MUI windows do not support any alpha transparency or even normal transparency.
1Mouse

Post by 1Mouse »

Hi,

In the Songplayer example is it possible to add the information in the extra MUI window (playlist) into the main window (once made bigger)?
djrikki

Post by djrikki »

Andreas wrote:Yes. But keep in mind that MUI windows do not support any alpha transparency or even normal transparency.
Thats a shame. :cry:
Evolve - Rapid GUI Development tool for MUI Royale and RapaGUI
http://myevolve.wordpress.com
Bugala

Post by Bugala »

Not knowing much about MUI or all, but just came to my mind that would there maybe be possiblity for fake transparency.

For can you continually take screenshot of workbench, then cut it to the size of the mui window, alter the screenshot to make it look like transparent, and then use it as (constantly updating) background picture of MUI.
djrikki

Post by djrikki »

The best way of faking transparency is to watch when the window is moved or resized via the messaging system.

On this topic I wonder if Andreas can answer a question for me, using notify="" how can I listen for Close, MoveWindow(?) and ResizeWindow(?) at the same time? And are these the correct names? :D
airsoftsoftwair

Unfortunately, it is currently not possible to get these MoveWindow events for MUI windows. But faking transparency in a MUI window sounds like a bad idea anyway...
djrikki

Post by djrikki »

Andreas, you never addressed my other points...

How can I listen for Close and ResizeWindow(?) at the same time? And are these the correct names?

notify="close,resizewindow"??