Wishlist: exportID for PopFile ; NOTIFY method for domethod()

Discuss GUI programming with the MUI Royale plugin here
p-OS

Wishlist: exportID for PopFile ; NOTIFY method for domethod()

Post by p-OS »

Problem 1:
I use a PopFile instance in the Prefs window of my Application.
But it doesn't support exportID to save the contents.
Its string gadget theoretecally does, but I don't know the id of the field, only that of PopFile.

I had to add an additional hidden string file with an exportID to store the data to be saved. The contents of this and PopFile are synchronised to circumvent the lack.

I wish exportID attribute for PopFile.

Problem 2:
For synchronisation of the two string gadgets I wanted to utilize the feature of MUI to automatically do this:

Code: Select all

mui.DoMethod("dummystr","Notify","Contents","mypopfile","Set","Contents","Triggervalue")
But seems Notify Method is not yet supported ?

Thus I had to manually evaluate triggerd events and then update myself:

If (msg.id="dummystr") And (msg.attribute="Contents") Then mui.Set("mypopfile","Contents",msg.triggervalue)
airsoftsoftwair

Re: Wishlist: exportID for PopFile ; NOTIFY method for domethod()

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

p-OS wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:30 am Problem 1:
I use a PopFile instance in the Prefs window of my Application.
But it doesn't support exportID to save the contents.
Its string gadget theoretecally does, but I don't know the id of the field, only that of PopFile.

I had to add an additional hidden string file with an exportID to store the data to be saved. The contents of this and PopFile are synchronised to circumvent the lack.

I wish exportID attribute for PopFile.
Fixed now:

- Fix: Area.ExportID didn't work correctly for the Popobject classes
p-OS wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:30 am Problem 2:
For synchronisation of the two string gadgets I wanted to utilize the feature of MUI to automatically do this:

mui.DoMethod("dummystr","Notify","Contents","mypopfile","Set","Contents","Triggervalue")
But seems Notify Method is not yet supported ?
There is mui.Notify() but it doesn't offer the same flexibility as MUI's notify method and there's no easy way to add all the magic that can be done with MUI's notify method in MUI Royale. So I'm afraid you have to go the distance here and do what you want to do in the event callback.