Zune Popdrawer doesn't receive notify on "Acknowledge"

Discuss GUI programming with the MUI Royale plugin here
NathanH

Zune Popdrawer doesn't receive notify on "Acknowledge"

Post by NathanH »

Hi,

The following code pops up a system requestor with the Popdrawer contents on WinUAE 3.9 but does not on AROS i386. Is this a Zune error or a MUIRoyale error? Thanks.

NathanH

@DISPLAY 1, {hidden=True}

@APPTITLE "Popdrawer Test"
@APPVERSION "$VER: Popdrawer Test 1.0 (29.02.20)"
@APPCOPYRIGHT "Copyright 2020, Nathan Hesterman"
@APPAUTHOR "Nathan Hesterman"
@APPDESCRIPTION "Popdrawer notify on acknowledge"

@REQUIRE "muiroyale"

; handle all events ***********************************************************
Function p_EventFunc(msg)
Switch msg.Class
Case "Popdrawer":
p_OpenDrawer()
Case "Window":
End()
EndSwitch
EndFunction

; event handler functions *****************************************************
Function p_Notify(t$)
SystemRequest("Popdrawer Test Notification", t$, "Okay")
EndFunction

Function p_OpenDrawer()
p_Notify(mui.Get("pd_open", "Contents"))
EndFunction

;execute **********************************************************************
mui.CreateGUI([[
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
<application id="app" base="TEST">
<window id="wi_main" title="Popdrawer Test" muiid="MAIN" open="1" notify="CloseRequest">
<vgroup frame="group" frametitle="I/O">
<popdrawer id="pd_open" title="Open Drawer" notify="Acknowledge"/>
</vgroup>
</window>
</application>
]])

InstallEventHandler({MUIRoyale=p_EventFunc})

Repeat
WaitEvent
Forever
jPV

Re: Zune Popdrawer doesn't receive notify on "Acknowledge"

Post by jPV »

Hmm... quickly tried it doesn't seem to show the frametitle text either on AROS with your example... and I can confirm that it doesn't seem to work on AROS, but works also on MorphOS.

I've also noticed many incompatibilities with AROS/Zune compared to the real MUI on any other platform. I've thought it's Zune which is incompatible, but would be nice to hear comments/confirmation if it's so.

What I remember seeing when trying my MUIRoyale programs on AROS (don't remember all now, but some anyway):
- Inserting entries to a listview redraws the whole list line by line always, so inserting many items makes it flashy
- If you update floattext contents on a closed window, it shows empty text when you open the window again. User has to resize the window manually to get the text shown
- Shorthelp bubbles don't wrap long lines automatically
- You can't hide listview columns (known issue, because this only works on MorphOS and OS4, but it's so handy that would like to have it elsewhere too)
- Slider texts can leak outside the bar
- Sometimes the written text changes to bold in the middle of line when writing to strings
- popfont doesn't have a popup image, just small rectangle
- Windows open sometimes in wrong sizes (full width or something like that when defined otherwise iirc)
- Active item stucks in certain position and doesn't follow the actual item when sorting a listview
- MUI's embedded images don't seem to work, at least everywhere

Well... there was more, but can't remember them right now. Generally you have all kinds of little annoyances going on everywhere... that's why I've been a bit shy to release my programs to AROS, because they don't give the impression I'd want them to give there.
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

The last time I checked Zune had many glitches/incompatibilities so this doesn't really come as a surprise.
NathanH

Post by NathanH »

Okay, thanks. Based on what I've heard here I'll approach the AROS guys.

NathanH
airsoftsoftwair

NathanH wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:37 am Okay, thanks. Based on what I've heard here I'll approach the AROS guys.
Say hello from me when you do :)
jPV

Post by jPV »

I came up with some other bugs that are new to me at least.

- If you try to use the Acknowledge notification with normal string gadgets, it apparently receives something because it totally crashes when getting them.
- ListTree notifications seem to crash there too. At least Active and DoubleClick, and I would bet that others too. The whole ListTree class is just plain unusable with Zune because of that.
airsoftsoftwair

jPV wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:25 pm I came up with some other bugs that are new to me at least.

- If you try to use the Acknowledge notification with normal string gadgets, it apparently receives something because it totally crashes when getting them.
- ListTree notifications seem to crash there too. At least Active and DoubleClick, and I would bet that others too. The whole ListTree class is just plain unusable with Zune because of that.
I think all work on Zune is pretty much a waste of time. Thore should just release MUI5 for AROS and all those problems would be gone in the blink of an eye. I even opened a ticket for it 5 years ago, see here: http://muidev.de/ticket/258