Compiled SongPlayer can not read mp3 files

Discuss GUI programming with the MUI Royale plugin here
Redlion

Compiled SongPlayer can not read mp3 files

Post by Redlion »

Hi,

I am having a few issues with the MUIRoyale and the SongPlayer example, uncompiled (using Display) it works fine but when compiled I get an Error
Unrecognised song Format. (1357).

I have tried ripped mp3s, ones downloaded from the web and some from games all give the same error.

If I use my own IDE the same thing happens.
Using Run (DH1:Hollywood/System/Hollywood " .. "SongPlayer.hws" .. " , true) works?
Using Run (DH1:Hollywood/System/Hollywood " .. "SongPlayer.hws" .. " -compile " .. "SongTest" .. " -exectype amigaos4", true) does not works?

Does anyone know if there is a simple explanation to fix this?

Can someone try it and see if it compiles and works for them, otherwise I will lodge a bug report.

Cheers
Leo
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Redlion
Sam460 Lite
A4000 A3000 A2000 A1200 A1000 A600 A500 CD32
SamuraiCrow

Re: Compiled SongPlayer can not read mp3 files

Post by SamuraiCrow »

Try adding the AVCodec plugin. Some platforms require it to play MP3 format.
I'm on registered MorphOS using FlowStudio.
Redlion

Post by Redlion »

@SamuraiCow

Re AVCodec

I'll give it a try, but it does not explain why it works one way and not the other. Only using it on AmigaOS4.1 FE update 2.

Cheers
Leo
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Redlion
Sam460 Lite
A4000 A3000 A2000 A1200 A1000 A600 A500 CD32
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Redlion wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:32 am I'll give it a try, but it does not explain why it works one way and not the other. Only using it on AmigaOS4.1 FE update 2.
Since Hollywood 9.0 compiled programs no longer automatically load all plugins installed in LIBS:Hollywood by default (to improve performance on startup). If you run scripts from the GUI or from the command line, though, all plugins will be loaded.

If you want the old behaviour back, just set the GLOBALPLUGINS tooltype in the compiled program's icon or use this in your script:

Code: Select all

@OPTIONS {GlobalPlugins = True}
If you don't want Hollywood to load all plugins, you can also @REQUIRE the ones you want individually, e.g.

Code: Select all

@REQUIRE "avcodec"