Designer 6.0 Slideshow Trans

Find quick help here to get you started with Hollywood
deaddisk

Designer 6.0 Slideshow Trans

Post by deaddisk »

Hello, I would like to make a fullscreen slideshow with Designer 6. As shown in the picture, I would like to place a transparent picture over the pictures of the slideshow, which should function as a menu. The black area should not be transparent, the purple area should be. The images should also be displayed in this area. The black area should never change and always be displayed.

I have already tried several things with Designer 6, but I can't really get it to work. How would I proceed here exactly? Do I create the menu image as a brush or as a page and how do I get the menu image to always be transparent and only the images in the purple area to change?

Is it correct that I cannot use transparent shapes in window mode in Designer? Hollywood itself offers an option for this.

I hope that I have explained my request clearly enough and thank you in advance for your help!

emeck

Re: Designer 6.0 Slideshow Trans

Post by emeck »

Hi deaddisk,

you just need the bottom part of your example, with the non black part transparent:

Put that on every page on top of any other objects and put on top of it your buttons. Don't use page page transitions because that would affect the whole page including the button area. But you can use transitions for displaying the images in the pages.

This is how it looks a fast example I've made just now. The left/right arrows show the previous/next page without transitions but the image in the page is displayed with a transition effect:

You can also use only 1 page and add code to your buttons to go to the next image using numeric identifiers, for example.
PowerBook 5.2 MorphOS 3.15
PowerBook 5.8 MorphOS 3.15
Amiga 1200 BPPC/BVision AOS4.1 FE
deaddisk

Post by deaddisk »

Hello emeck! :)

Thanks for your tips, I will try that out!
emeck

Post by emeck »

I forgot to mention that after inserting the image with the transparency for the bottom area, you need to select Load alpha channel in the brush properties so it is displayed correctly.
PowerBook 5.2 MorphOS 3.15
PowerBook 5.8 MorphOS 3.15
Amiga 1200 BPPC/BVision AOS4.1 FE