AmiWest 2022

Find quick help here to get you started with Hollywood
SilverRat

AmiWest 2022

Post by SilverRat »

Hi Everyone,
The Sacramento Amiga Computer Club is hosting AmiWest 2022 in Sacramento California on October 20-23. The first two days, Thursday October 20th and Friday the 21st are the DevCon days. We would love to have someone present Hollywood. We have a range of attendees from the curious user to OS 4 Kernel and Driver developers!

I'm hoping someone from this community will volunteer to present Hollywood, and possibly teach the basics on getting up and running and entering a simple program. Maybe review some example code. Show off one of your projects! Really, anything you would like to do as the presenter would be welcome! We plan to have several presenters/topics over the 2 days. In the past, we have had presenters take 1/2 hour up to all day long. Once again, it just depends on what you as the presenter want to share and the time you need. The DevCon is typically very flexible. We're all here to have fun after all.

I also understand that travel may not be an option for many. We are able to use Zoom to bring in remote presenters. The DevCon days typically get started around 10 AM PST and go till 5PM PST. This is during business hours for most of the US attendees, but is evening time for some of our European friends. You don't have to miss work! ;)

Please, consider participating in the show and sharing Hollywood. You can reach me at saccvp at amiwest.net

Jerry - SACC VP
Visit us at:
Amiwest.net
sacc.org
SamuraiCrow

Re: AmiWest 2022

Post by SamuraiCrow »

I might be able to do a presentation on RapaGUI and my RapaEdit GUI toolkit but if anybody else would want to team up for an additional Hollywood presentation, maybe we should do so before I email Jerry about it. Something introductory leading up to mine would probably be advisable.
I'm on registered MorphOS using FlowStudio.
SilverRat

Post by SilverRat »

Hi SamuraiCrow, Are you still considering sharing some Hollywood goodness at AmiWest this year? If so, please drop me an e-mail so we can discuss your time slot.

Thanks,
Jerry - SACC VP
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

I have made a single Hollywood Tutorial Presentation done, but it is write in spanish language for a Spanish party three years ago, with single and easy examples and code.
SamuraiCrow

Post by SamuraiCrow »

@SilverRat
I was thinking of a Zoom follow-up after a Hollywood slideshow. I'm not going to be in Sacremento this year.

@Juan Carlos
If you could translate it into rough English that I could polish up that might be something.
SamuraiCrow

Post by SamuraiCrow »

Given that AmiWest is under 2 weeks away, I'm running Linux for the Zoom software, I'm not involved enough in the Amiga community for Designer to be a practical purchase anymore and I won't have time to substitute the contents of my slideshow into my slideshow template script, I'll be using LibreOffice Impress to create my slideshow.

I'm already about 20 slides into the first presentation: a quick primer in Hollywood, giving background for the second presentation: developing applications with RapaGUI. I'll be using RapaEdit as my example of an advanced Hollywood application.

Are there any simpler tutorial pieces that anybody would like to contribute?
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

SamuraiCrow wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:10 pm @SilverRat
I was thinking of a Zoom follow-up after a Hollywood slideshow. I'm not going to be in Sacremento this year.

@Juan Carlos
If you could translate it into rough English that I could polish up that might be something.
Uffss, with my english that nobody understand or only serves to laugh, it will be difficult, but I can send you in spanish and with Google translator make the translation.
SamuraiCrow

Post by SamuraiCrow »

Thanks!
emeck

Post by emeck »

@Templario

Si me lo envías te puedo ayudar con la traducción.
(If you sent it to me, I can help you to translate)
PowerBook 5.2 MorphOS 3.15
PowerBook 5.8 MorphOS 3.15
Amiga 1200 BPPC/BVision AOS4.1 FE
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

Well, here go the Tutorial for Retro Zaragoza 2019 and other easy example to make adventures point and click this in english for me and Adam Mierzwa.
https://www.morguesoft.eu/Tutorial.zip