How to get access to embedded/linked files?

Find quick help here to get you started with Hollywood
AUserLG

How to get access to embedded/linked files?

Post by AUserLG »

Hi,

I'm writing a small installer that will copy two files embedded in the installer.
The files are in the executable, but I do not have access to them.
With the relative path (win7, hw4.7: "blabla\\file.exe" | aos3.9, hw4.8: "blabla/file.exe "),
as they were embedded, it does not work.
How to get access to them?

Thanks in advance
AUserLG
Juan Carlos

Re: How to get access to embedded/linked files?

Post by Juan Carlos »

Good question, I did the same several months ago and I didn't get a good answer, in my case I want copy config files for a flash game, and fonts, but the problem is extract to embebed file and it is fine to work with it.
Which is the solution for this problem?
airsoftsoftwair

Re: How to get access to embedded/linked files?

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

AUserLG wrote: I'm writing a small installer that will copy two files embedded in the installer.
The files are in the executable, but I do not have access to them.
With the relative path (win7, hw4.7: "blabla\\file.exe" | aos3.9, hw4.8: "blabla/file.exe "),
as they were embedded, it does not work.
How to get access to them?
You need to use exactly the same filename you specified in the database you pass to -linkfiles. So if you use "blabla\file.exe" on Windows, you also need to use "blabla\file.exe" if you refer to that file. "blabla/file.exe" will NOT work in that case! It will only work if you specify "blabla/file.exe" in the linkfiles database. Currently Hollywood distinguishes between a slash and a backslash so you have to be precise. For the next version I'll change this so that it doesn't matter whether you are passing a slash or a backslash but for now you have to be careful.