Test plugin

Find quick help here to get you started with Hollywood
afxgroup

Test plugin

Post by afxgroup »

I'm trying to compile a simple plugin and i've started to create a new one using "library" example. I'm using Visual Studio 2019 and nmake compiles the plugin successully. However when i try to use it on hollywood i get an error "Reason: Error loading plugin"
I've also tried the clean library plugin and i get the same error.
Is this a VS2019 problem?
Another question. If i create a char* inside my function via malloc (my_malloc) when this variable is freed? IS there a best practice to handle char pointers?

Thank you
afxgroup

Re: Test plugin

Post by afxgroup »

Same with Visual Studio 2017
afxgroup

Post by afxgroup »

Well, found the problem.. that stupid Dev console was using x86 instead of x64...
Plugin compiled and now hollywood loads it correctly but the test example eveng if doesn't give me any error doesn't print any value in console
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

afxgroup wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:22 pm Well, found the problem.. that stupid Dev console was using x86 instead of x64...
Plugin compiled and now hollywood loads it correctly but the test example eveng if doesn't give me any error doesn't print any value in console
Windows distinguishes between Windows and console programs. Windows programs can’t write to the console. If you want to see the console output, you need to use „Hollywood_Console.exe“ instead. Then the console output should be visible.
afxgroup

Post by afxgroup »

Yes. Everything is working correctly nowe. Event the plugin that adds some functions i need for another program :)
I'm using visual studio code as editor since it is the edito I usually use for other languages.
afxgroup

Post by afxgroup »

I've just compiled the plugin for OS4 but when i try to run a test file that is using it i get a requester that plugin is not found. Snoopy open it and LoadSeg is called but there are no more informations. What can i check to test what is missing?
Of course on os4 version i've added amigaentry.c
airsoftsoftwair

Run Hollywood from a Shell like this and post its output:

Code: Select all

1> Hollywood test.hws -debugdevice @stdout
afxgroup

Post by afxgroup »

Bu i don't have the OS4 hollywood version. I have only the windows one and on windows everything is working correctly
airsoftsoftwair

According to my records, you're also registered for the OS4 version of Hollywood so it should be available in the restricted download section for you. If you can't find it, PM me.
afxgroup

Post by afxgroup »

Yes found everything. Thanks (and sorry)