Hollywood Player on Android doesn't find applets

Find quick help here to get you started with Hollywood
jPV

Hollywood Player on Android doesn't find applets

Post by jPV »

Apparently many of you have been using the Hollywood Player app on Android, but I can't get it to find applets I try to copy there. I haven't been using Hollywood (programs) on Android before, so maybe I'm just making some silly mistake.

I installed Hollywood Player from Google Play and gave it permissions it asked. Then I created a Hollywood directory at the root of my micro-SD card, and copied couple .hwa files there (I compiled AlphaChannel example and my own program as applets on MorphOS setup, no compression). But when I launch Hollywood Player, it just tells "no applets found"... it also fails to open the .hwa files if I browse the filesystem and tap them.

Is there something I don't see? Can there be some security setting that affects? Does SD card name affect?

I tried this on three devices already and it's the same on all... they were running on Android 5, 7, and 10.
plouf

Re: Hollywood Player on Android doesn't find applets

Post by plouf »

you dont create a folder by yourself, it is created by player
to me its in /storage/emulated/0/Hollywood
and yes copy hwa there
Christos
jPV

Re: Hollywood Player on Android doesn't find applets

Post by jPV »

Ah thanks, found the dir from the internal storage instead of external SD card, and applets copied there are shown in the Player now.

It's misleading when Google Play's description tells:
copying your *.hwa applets to a directory named "Hollywood" on your SD card
So I was trying that :)