Defender tells me my app has a trojan

Find quick help here to get you started with Hollywood
amyren

Defender tells me my app has a trojan

Post by amyren »

This was kind of strange. I compiled a program for x64 windows and Defender popped up and gave me a serious trojan alert, claiming my executable had the trojan Win32/Bearfoos.A!ml
I tried several times and the the file got deleted every time.
Then I compiled another script, and there was no detection. Then compiled the first script again as x86, without warnings, and then x64 again and now there was no detection. And none since this.

I'm guessing this was just Defender having a hickup, showing false positives, but still a bit worrying.
Have anyone experienced anything similar?
jaseinblack

Re: Defender tells me my app has a trojan

Post by jaseinblack »

Windows Defender told me yesterday that Hollywood.exe itself contained that trojan.

I am assuming 'false positive' ;-)
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

Some windos antivirus try the Hollywood executables like virus/trojan program for example AVG antivirus, the problem with the Windowsw defender will be dor the certificates because this is the system copied from Google store to control the software origin, if you have unaactive the Windos defender this problem disappear, also Macrosoft ask you to have one antivirus installed to avoid legal problems....
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Definitely a false alert. Hollywood is clean, I'm just refusing to pay lots of money for an official Microsoft certificate ;)
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

As curiosity how much ask Macrosoft for these certificates? :?: