Online Highscore List

Find quick help here to get you started with Hollywood
Murmel

Online Highscore List

Post by Murmel »

Hi

First Sorry I use School Englisch and Translators. My School English ist over 20 Years old, i hope you understand me :)
I write a blackjack game and wants to save the Highscore online on my Webserver. About openurl I can send and store the data with php
OpenURL("http://www.skyfighters.org/getscore.php?name=" ..newtable[0].."&score="..newtable[1]) a php script saves the scores
to see the database or test http://www.skyfighters.org/test3.php
but everything is open and manipulate!

Are there opportunities to encrypt, and you have ideas for me?

@Andreas
We need Netzwerk support Please :)

Greets,

Murmel
airsoftsoftwair

Re: Online Highscore List

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Well, you could use a simple encryption key by reverse mapping all alphabetic characters, i.e.

Code: Select all

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
Z Y X W V U T S R Q P O N M L K J I H G F E D C B A
Of course this is very simplistic. If you need stronger encryption, read some literature on it :)
Bugala

Post by Bugala »

And another way is to make it password protected. among your url> www.url.com/page.htm?PASSWORD=mypassword&NAME=name...

so when your php program is run, it first cheks if the password is right, if not, it wont execute it.

This isnt very strong protection, but it could protect from some malicious attacks anyway.

Plus anyone actualyl sending those hoghscores to your server would easily see the password.

But it could help keeping unauthorized access by complete outsiders away.
Murmel

Post by Murmel »

Hi.

Thanks for your Idea :)

In one moment to the code pw/score/code data is calculated. If the code properly saves the script. Reload this yet and ip lock.

However, one could send the same record again minutes later. This leads to duplicate entries.

But instead of thinking to block everything, I run a php script via cron checks the DB and delete incorrect entries
Bugala

Post by Bugala »

One more thing you could do is that the first time game is started, it would generate random number and save it to a file.

After that everytime high score is sent,you would include that random number to identify who is the sender.

TGhis isnt very good way either, since if someone starts the game once and then copies it to others, then everyone will have the same number on their version. But its one possibility.

You could also check that the name and score are not samre to avoid the duplicate send problem.

And to avoid someone changing hes score higher, you could have score + score check. Svcore check would have your own score check system that could be generated in two parts.

First letter could be letter indicating some certain amount of score that you manually pick (hence not following any tracable logic), for example:

less than 100 = H
100-200 = P
200-300 = W
300-400 = N
400-...
1000 = G
2000 = M
10000 = J

depending on the scope of the possible scores you might need to use two letters instead.

then the rest of the letters would follow some logic, at simplest as andreas showed or then some mathematical formula.

Anyway, this would make it much harder for somreone to just change hes hiscore higher and submit it.