Classic Amiga and colored Graphics

Find quick help here to get you started with Hollywood
LarsB

Classic Amiga and colored Graphics

Post by LarsB »

Hi there,

my Imbiss game is almost ready to launch. Succesful tests on Win64, AOS4.1(X1000), AmigaKit(WinUAE),AmigsSys(WinUAE) and Android have happend. Now someone tests it on A1200/AGA/030-40MHZ . It complains the missing cyperbergraphics.library.

Now my questions are:
-Would it be enough to install cgx and it runs on AGA?
-Is there a plugin for AOS3.x which would help me out?
-is converting the graphics to 8-Bit .png a way to go?

The game is 24-Bit.png at the moment.

Sure Iam quite some time away from AOS but it feels clumbsy. Like moving from "lets do it!" to "lets see if it can be done" ;)
Its also challenging to support more platforms. Currently it runs on Win64, Android and AOS via WinUAE and AmigaOne X1000.
For me it is too much work to do another project for so many platforms and their special needs. Any ideas/experience about that?

Greetings
Lars
Juan Carlos

Re: Classic Amiga and colored Graphics

Post by Juan Carlos »

You don't make the AGA versión because you hace remake the graphics, sounds and screen resolutions.
LarsB

Post by LarsB »

I agree. But its sad that the WinUAE Version runs and native AGA not. Personally I dont have the nerve to do a IDE insatllment on WinUAE to use planarama and then just to run in another troublemaker from the side of AOS3.
Things should move forward and not backwards. But the announcement of planarama also yielded a lot of positive feedback. What are the real results? Peronally I dont need that. When I use my PC and Corel Phtopaint it snores like a cat where Amiga OS 3 coughs, stumbles and goes down. ;)' ;)
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

LarsB wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:35 pm -Would it be enough to install cgx and it runs on AGA?
Only if you got a PPC accelerator.
-Is there a plugin for AOS3.x which would help me out?
Yes, Plananarama enables Hollywood to run on palette screens.
-is converting the graphics to 8-Bit .png a way to go?
Nope, even 8-bit graphics are internally handled as hi/true colour graphics.
LarsB

Post by LarsB »

@Andreas

Ok. Very good that you are taking care. To use planarama I would have to setup a IDE in WinUAE, right?
Thats a little pain. I have to say that I have trouble getting friend again with AmigaOS 3.x .

Its so easy and satisfying here with my Corel and my PC. Just to focus more on art and multimedia than tedious doctoring on
AOS 3 issues. I got a burnout and so I have to go the easy way. Hollywood is very comfortable in this sense and I am looking forward
for RappaGUI 2.0 for example. But now when I am in the clear I can consider wht to do next. First I will accomplish the AOS4.x version and then we will see if somebody is interested and if I can find the nerve to do it ;)

But its a great help to know whats possible and whats not.
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

LarsB wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:36 pm Ok. Very good that you are taking care. To use planarama I would have to setup a IDE in WinUAE, right?
You can just copy plananarama.hwp to LIBS:Hollywood and then require it like this:

Code: Select all

@REQUIRE "plananarama"
Then Hollywood will work on planar screens too.
LarsB

Post by LarsB »

I hessitate to install Hollywood on AOS3. I dont like it. (AOS3)