DownloadFile problems

Find quick help here to get you started with Hollywood
LarsB

Re: DownloadFile problems

Post by LarsB »

Hi juan,

I send a private mail to you. Maybe I could help to sort it out. ;) Please try following things:
- search for updates on your windows
- install newest FireFox.
- make sure that you got the newest version of hURL on you system.

Somehow it seems that the SSL could really be an issue. Strangely it works here on my Win10 System.
I can download your desktop theme and use it. (Please check my mail)
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Juan Carlos wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:53 pm Well, and why the simple code doesn't work?
Which code do you mean? Post it please.
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

Here goes the simple code:

Code: Select all

@REQUIRE "hurl"

/**************************************************************************************************/
@DISPLAY {Title="Check Donwload file", Width=640, Height=480, Color=#BLACK, Borderless=False, NoClose=False,
         KeepProportions=True, Sizeable=False, NoModeSwitch=True}
/**************************************************************************************************/

Function p_Descarga()
  DownloadFile("https://www.morguesoft.eu/Miscelaneus/MyDesktop01.jpg", {File = "MyDesktop01.jpg", Fail404=True,
  SSL=True, Adapter="hurl"})
EndFunction

EscapeQuit(True)
Repeat
  WaitEvent
Forever
Even when I make the executable the program freeze my MorphOS system, the code is very easy, under Windows works.
airsoftsoftwair

What is your MorphOS version? What is your AmiSSL version?
jPV

Post by jPV »

Juan Carlos wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:07 pm
jPV wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:34 pm AmiSSL v4 is required on all Amiga compatibles, including MorphOS. You can install 68k version from Aminet and it works under MorphOS.

I have made own download function which checks all these things and tells to user what he is missing/needs. I can paste it here some other time, but I don't have time today, maybe tomorrow or some other day.
But the same problema with Windows? Because I made the Code with Hollywood IDE in Windows 10 and after I did the test under MorphOS, because some intructions wok of diferent way on every system.
Thanks for your offset but I don't need your routine because it doesn't work on Windows.
Well, I share it anyway, because it does work under Windows too :)

You can find it here:
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2331

And after having the fucntion from that thread, this should work just fine on both MorphOS and Windows:
p_DownloadFile("https://www.morguesoft.eu/Miscelaneus/MyDesktop01.jpg", "MyDesktop01.jpg")
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

Thank you jPV for your code, I'll test it under MorphOS, vecause under Windows with the Adapter already works.
airsoftsoftwair

Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

airsoftsoftwair wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:41 pm See here for a fix: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=2332&p=12549#p12549
Well, but with my PowerBook continues with the problem with Hurl.
But I tested my code under AmigaOS3.9 and it works, I shall test it with my MacMini and MorphOS.
airsoftsoftwair

Juan Carlos wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:50 pm Well, but with my PowerBook continues with the problem with Hurl.
What error do you get? Does it crash? Does it show an error message? It works for me and jPV on MorphOS so it's likely that there is some misconfiguration on your side but we need more info to solve that.
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

airsoftsoftwair wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:12 pm
Juan Carlos wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:50 pm Well, but with my PowerBook continues with the problem with Hurl.
What error do you get? Does it crash? Does it show an error message? It works for me and jPV on MorphOS so it's likely that there is some misconfiguration on your side but we need more info to solve that.
Well, I make a test the Basic Code and also Hollywood shows me the messages
Error initializing cURL!
And freezes my MorphOS system too, as un my PowerBook.