Aminet Release - How to

Find quick help here to get you started with Hollywood
LarsB

Aminet Release - How to

Post by LarsB »

Hi,

in this terms I read the instructions at the Aminet site. But I dont know how to deal with Icons for Amiga.
Unfortunately I have no Hardware to test.

Has anyone generally experience with Aminet releases?

By,
Lars
airsoftsoftwair

Re: Aminet Release - How to

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Can't you test on WinUAE?
LarsB

Post by LarsB »

My UAE is pretty old(1.3 kick and WB) but I will get a new one. The keyquestion here is if I can create an Icon with IconEdit on a OS3.x System and use it for a OS 4.x system.
SamuraiCrow

Post by SamuraiCrow »

@LarsB

The icon file format on AOS 4 is backward compatible to AOS 3.
I'm on registered MorphOS using FlowStudio.
LarsB

Post by LarsB »

Thanx ! :) :)
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

LarsB wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:58 am My UAE is pretty old(1.3 kick and WB) but I will get a new one. The keyquestion here is if I can create an Icon with IconEdit on a OS3.x System and use it for a OS 4.x system.
Yes, Lars, the Glowicons from AmigaOS3.5-3.9 and the old icon style from Amiga OS1.3-2.x are showed in AmigaOS4.x and MorphOS, the inverse not the icons from AmigaOS4 not show in AmigaOS3.x other option are the png icons the easy way to make icons with png pictures with alpha channel, they can be showed peferctly under MorphOS but under AmigaOS4,x you have the patch and under AmigaOS3.x you have two options the AfA patch or the Elena Novaretti patch available in both cases in Aminet.
LarsB

Post by LarsB »

@Juan

Interesting. I Iike Bernd and his AfA ;) But I stay with the old style and most compatible. If you have to add/install something additional it might be deterrent to the potential user. Thats why I also prefer to link plugins instead of referring to the HOLLYWOOD Mal. But good input. I will keep this in mind.
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

A good option is make a drawer with extra icons for the other systems, because the old style Amiga icons with four colours today are very ugly, in this case the second option is make icons with Glow style taken from AmigaOS 3.5 the png too. :D
LarsB

Post by LarsB »

You are right. 4 color Icons are not good. I will take the second option. The extra drawer sounds a little unhandy.
Thany for taking care,
Lars
plouf

Post by plouf »

if you need 1 icon, NewIcons format is pretty safe for OS3+ (almost all have it isntalled) in addition new icon forma coexist with "standar" 4 color icon in case someone has not newicons isntalled

more or less youa re NOT interest in lower version of OS3.1 anyway if you are distributing a hollywood app :)
Christos