Aminet Release - How to

Find quick help here to get you started with Hollywood
airsoftsoftwair

Re: Aminet Release - How to

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Code: Select all

- Change [Amiga]: Executables compiled by Hollywood will no longer load all plugins from LIBS:Hollywood by
  default; scripts which want to have that behaviour need to use the new GLOBALPLUGINS argument/tooltype
  or the new "GlobalPlugins" tag in @OPTIONS now; note that plugins you @REQUIRE will still be loaded from
  LIBS:Hollywood, though (but only if they can't be found in the program directory)
jPV

Post by jPV »

BTW. is there a way to list which plugins user might have globally in LIBS:Hollywood now? It seems that GetPlugins() only lists loaded plugins or ones in the program directory.

For example, I was thinking to check if a user has globally sound plugins that I don't provide in my archive, and I tried it in this way without success:

Code: Select all

Local t = GetPlugins()
    For Local i = 0 To ListItems(t) - 1
        For Local j = 0 To ListItems(t[i].filetypes) - 1
            If t[i].filetypes[j].type = #FILETYPE_SOUND
                DebugPrint(t[i].modulename)
                LoadPlugin(t[i].modulename)
                Break
            EndIf
        Next
    Next 
Maybe if GetPlugins(True) would (also/exclusively) search global plugins, or not loaded plugins, or something like that?
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

jPV wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:14 pm Maybe if GetPlugins(True) would (also/exclusively) search global plugins, or not loaded plugins, or something like that?
Yes, sounds reasonable to add such a feature. I'll see what I can do.