Tooltype "HIDEPOINTER" ??

Find quick help here to get you started with Hollywood
gerograph

Tooltype "HIDEPOINTER" ??

Post by gerograph »

Hello,

just wondering how or if there is a Tooltype "HIDEPOINTER" ? I have presentation which can be switched from Windowmode to fakefullscreenmode via Tooltype. On top of that I want to hide pointer in fakefullscreen and show pointer in windowmode. Just entering a tooltype "HIDEPOINTER" doesn't work ??

- What happens if a program uses HidePointer() ? Can I still switch in on by tooltype/compileoption ?
- If I have buttons, is Pointer shown be default ? Regardless of HidePointer () or tooltype ?

thanx for infos
airsoftsoftwair

Re: Tooltype "HIDEPOINTER" ??

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

This seems to be a bug. The HIDEPOINTER tooltype is currently not working in connection with fake full screen mode. It's only working in real full screen mode.
- What happens if a program uses HidePointer() ? Can I still switch in on by tooltype/compileoption ?
Should be possible.
- If I have buttons, is Pointer shown be default ? Regardless of HidePointer () or tooltype ?
No, buttons don't have any effect on the behaviour of HidePointer() or the HIDEPOINTER tooltype.
gerograph

Post by gerograph »

No, if using fakefullscreen I cannot switch mousepointer on or off. I have to use "HidePointer()" command inside the code. This means if I have a presentation which starts in windowmode (no fakefullscreen) tooltype I can see the mouspointer. If I use the same presentation with fakfullscreen tooltype I also see the mousepointer. I cannot find any way to switch mouspointer off, in case I decide to use fakefullscreen. Even if I use -hidepointer compile argument ?

Any ideas for a workaround ?
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

gerograph wrote:No, if using fakefullscreen I cannot switch mousepointer on or off. I have to use "hidepointer()" command inside the code.
Um, yeah, this is a bug, just as I said in my last post :)
This means if I have a presentation which starts in windowmode (no fakefullscreen) tooltype I can see the mouspointer. If I use the same presentation with fakfullscreen tooltype I also see the mousepointer. I cannot find any way to switch mouspointer off, in case I decide to use fakefullscreen. Even if I use -hidepointer compile argument ?

Any ideas for a workaround ?
Yes, use the HidePointer() command instead of the tooltype/argument :)