Out of curiosity, how is in Hollywood language an algorithm?

Find quick help here to get you started with Hollywood
Juan Carlos

Out of curiosity, how is in Hollywood language an algorithm?

Post by Juan Carlos »

I think about this a algorithm in Hollywood and it works. Because in programming is very usual speak about it,but I want know it.
airsoftsoftwair

Re: Out of curiosity, how is in Hollywood language an algorithm?

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Huh, what is the question here?
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

It is difficult explain it, I know, because an algorithm for i.a. or make complex calculations, etc.
Bugala

Post by Bugala »

I have absolutely no idea what you are trying to ask. Can you try to rephrase it or give an example of what you are after?
Clyde

Post by Clyde »

Wild guess: He means "AI" (artificial intelligence), as he says something about "i.a." ...

Yes, please, how does THE AI algorithm look like in Hollywood? ;-)
Currently using: Hollywood 9 with Windows IDE and Hollywood 9 with Visual Studio Code and hw4vsc
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

Clyde wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:06 pm Wild guess: He means "AI" (artificial intelligence), as he says something about "i.a." ...

Yes, please, how does THE AI algorithm look like in Hollywood? ;-)
Yes, for example, I like to know how make an I.A. algorithm to make some Alexa.
Bugala

Post by Bugala »

Dont know what you mean by Alexa, but generally speaking regarding AI (Artificial Intelligence), you might have misunderstood it a bit.

There is no magical AI commands that you can use, but they are basically random factors that you make.

So for example decision making function could be:

Code: Select all

Function DecisionMakerAI(option1, option2)
	decision = Rnd(2)
	If decision = 1 Then Return(option1)
	If decision = 0 Then Return(option2)
EndFunction

MovementDirection = DecisionMakerAI("GoLeft", "GoRight")
DebugPrint(MovementDirection)
This is now an AI that decides 50/50 chance whether to go left or right. It can be used somewhere, but for example controlling a character on screen it would be pretty useless since it would in practice just keep stuttering.

However, AI is not necessarily much harder than this. Actually, the best AIs are very simple, yet look intelligent. Pac-Man is a good example of this.

Ghosts in Pac-Man move based upon very simple AI. Each time they come to a crossing, they first have a random chance of going the way that is closest to catching the Pac-Man. Chances for this to happen varies between ghosts. For example, Green ghost might have 20 percent chance of picking the closest way to Pac-Man, while blue might have a 50 percent chance and yellow perhaps even 70 percent.

If Ghost decides not to take the closest road to Pac-Man, then he picks any direction by random.

This is a very simple AI, but it makes it seems pretty intelligent. For example suppose all four ghosts are coming towards you from right, and now there comes a junction. What might happen is that two of the ghosts keep following you, while one ghost goes up, and another down. Especially if those two ghosts who took other than Pac-Man direction happen to at next junction both choose Pac-Man direction, this really looks from players point of view like they are throwing a net at you by blocking all your escape directions, while in reality this all was just pure luck.

So AI is really a combination of intelligent seeming random factor and control over when to make new decisions.

As example in Pac-man there are only very few AI decisions in the end. When ghosts have decided their direction, they just simply continue going that way until the next junction comes. At a junction, they make their AI decision, and after that they again just continue to same direction.

This is how AI is done.

There are lots of algorithms designed for specific AI decisions, but in the end they are all implemented the same way as Pac-Mans Ghost AI is. So hollywoods AI looks like that.
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

Thank you for the idea.
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

Other application in games the i.a. is for example in the board games, like rival player, even in predetermited plays.