Hollywood programs listed anywhere?

Find quick help here to get you started with Hollywood
amigadave

Hollywood programs listed anywhere?

Post by amigadave » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:39 pm

Is there anywhere on this site (or elsewhere) that Hollywood developers can list their programs made with Hollywood? It would be great to be able to search through a long list of everything that has been created with Hollywood, or at least the programs that are complete, and their developers want to include in such a list. Perhaps there could even be two categories, one for completed programs, and one for "Works in Progress".

Even better would be a field where links could be provided, to the source code, if the developers don't mind showing their work to us beginners, so we could search for examples of how to do certain tasks with Hollywood.

If all of this has been discussed before, forgive my lack of initiative to go searching for all of it before I began this thread.

zylesea

Re: Hollywood programs listed anywhere?

Post by zylesea » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:46 pm

Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:00 am

amigadave wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:39 pm
Is there anywhere on this site (or elsewhere) that Hollywood developers can list their programs made with Hollywood? It would be great to be able to search through a long list of everything that has been created with Hollywood, or at least the programs that are complete, and their developers want to include in such a list. Perhaps there could even be two categories, one for completed programs, and one for "Works in Progress".

Even better would be a field where links could be provided, to the source code, if the developers don't mind showing their work to us beginners, so we could search for examples of how to do certain tasks with Hollywood.

If all of this has been discussed before, forgive my lack of initiative to go searching for all of it before I began this thread.
Well, all of my games and programs, here:
www.morguesoft.es

jPV

Post by jPV » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:09 pm

amigadave wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:39 pm

That kind of list would be nice, but it also would be nice that several people could edit it if needed? Maybe some wiki page somewhere. I don't know if anyone has such knowledge that he could create such page without the same background work as everybody else would need to do. Andreas maybe, but he probably won't have time for this kind stuff :) I'm also busy coding my own programs, but if someone else (you?) gets this started, I can try to support as much as I can.

You can also try to search Aminet with different kinds of search terms... for example packages that have Hollywood mentioned in the readme:
http://aminet.net/search?readme=Hollywood

Or archives that contain .hws (source code):
http://aminet.net/search?content=.hws

Allanon

Post by Allanon » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:35 am

Hi!
I've several free libraries & projects for Hollywood you can download and inspect the source code, here are my links:

My Wiki with downloads & documentation
My Website/Blog
My Patreon page
A thread here on Hollywood forums with almost all my stuff

Happy coding!
:D
----------------------------
[Allanon] Fabio Falcucci
AMC - Creative Development // Docs Site // Support Forum
Support me on Patreon for Hollywood libraries!

Bugala

Post by Bugala » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:44 pm

From Allanons stuff, I would like to especially recommend HGUI, which is bit like MUI royale, except it makes buttons, text fields etc. for all platforms that Hollywood supports, as HGUI is based upon Hollywood code itself instead of plugin.

And then there is this piece of software called APPbuilder which can save you a whole load of time. It is meant to help keep track of your projects files, that you make projext "example game", then you tell the source code, all the files it needs, plugins (choosable from list) then you choose which platforms and click "Build", and you will get compiled exes for each platform with all the required files/plugins, it saves a tons of work. One of the handiest tools around when you happen to need it.