Questions Regarding Hollywood

Find quick help here to get you started with Hollywood
zylesea

Re: Questions Regarding Hollywood

Post by zylesea »

ocean77 wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:21 pm
Not sure what you mean by this? I have been using Amikit when i made those tutorial videos, to my understanding that is emulating classic.
I must've misinterpreted SamuraiCrow's respons. My apologies.
But if I can emulate the classic Amiga and run Designer then that would be perfect.

I'll check out your videos, but I'm having some issues with Youtube at the moment.

Thanks a whole bunch! :)
You need an RTG enabled Amiga for the Designer, i.e. UAE is just fine _once_ you've installed the P96 drivers.
ocean77

Post by ocean77 »

@Bugala: Those were great tutorials! I'd encourage you to do more when you have the time. I definitely think I could do something with Hollywood/ Designer.

@Zylesea: RTG only, got it!

Thank you! :D
ocean77

Post by ocean77 »

Is there anyone out there who's had luck installing Amikit via FS-UAE on Linux?
I know it's not Hollywood related directly, but I'm trying to set things up for it and it doesn't seem as straight forward as I initially thought.
Clyde

Post by Clyde »

No, sorry, ocean77! But best would be to ask in the AmiKit forum. Jan is very helpful.
Currently using: Hollywood 9 with Windows IDE and Hollywood 9 with Visual Studio Code and hw4vsc
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Clyde wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:27 am No, sorry, ocean77! But best would be to ask in the AmiKit forum. Jan is very helpful.
Jan is also here, by the way.
ocean77

Post by ocean77 »

Well, I finally could afford both the Hollywood base package and the Designer and I got it installed fine. Runs a little slow in Amikit, but I guess there are settings I could tweak for optimal performance. Guess. I'll try to make some sense of this now.

Thanks for all the help thus far. :)
Clyde

Post by Clyde »

Congrats for both buying and getting it to run.

Do you mean it is slow on FS-UAE and Linux?

I installed AmiKit and Hollywood on Windows a while ago and I think it did run smoothly.
Currently using: Hollywood 9 with Windows IDE and Hollywood 9 with Visual Studio Code and hw4vsc
ocean77

Post by ocean77 »

Clyde wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:26 pm Congrats for both buying and getting it to run.

Do you mean it is slow on FS-UAE and Linux?

I installed AmiKit and Hollywood on Windows a while ago and I think it did run smoothly.
Hi, and thank you!

I gave up trying to get it installed on FS-UAE. So I went for PlayOnLinux instead. It's really no big deal, but the mouse pointer seems a tad unresponsive and the 3d based examples run at an astonishingly low frame rate. Not that I need 3d for my project anyway, just an observation.
ocean77

Post by ocean77 »

Is it possible with hollywood to manipulate an audio stream in real time. Like simple filters/equalizing and such? And if so, would I be able to implement it through designer?
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

ocean77 wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:57 am Is it possible with hollywood to manipulate an audio stream in real time. Like simple filters/equalizing and such?
It is possible to feed a custom PCM stream to Hollywood's audio driver. See the "Synthesizer" example for more information.