How makes scroll with a picture?

Find quick help here to get you started with Hollywood
jPV

Re: How makes scroll with a picture?

Post by jPV »

Well... eh.. I started to do some quick copypasting from my old sources few hours ago to show how I have made zooming & scrolling. I just used DisplayBrush instead of DisplayBrushPart and let Hollywood cut the image itself.. I don't know if it's slower or not, but works this way too.

Then I tuned basic PDF loading, and prev/next pages, drag&drop loading... and few other things.. so, heh.. this is starting to shape up as a real program now :P

Then I noticed that it crashed a bit like my unreleased version of RNOComics with PDFs occasionally, but now it hasn't crashed when I free the used brush myself instead of letting Hollywood to do it when loading a new brush to the same ID... I wonder if something like this is the case with my RNOComics issue.. doh. But some more testing would be needed to be sure.

Aaanyway, here's the source to look and test (remove the .txt after download):
http://jpv.wmhost.com/testi/QuiteTinyPDFViewer.hws.txt
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

We work join although we make our own projects share ideas routines, etc, because we are the few Hollywood users making tools and games for Amiga systems.
Thank you for your help this weekend I'll try to add the scroll to the page.
I dont'n know if the comics in PDF has password protection but cans complicated your tool.
jPV

Post by jPV »

I haven't made support for password protected files (yet) anywhere.. can you check somehow if a file is protected or not?
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Then I noticed that it crashed a bit like my unreleased version of RNOComics with PDFs occasionally, but now it hasn't crashed when I free the used brush myself instead of letting Hollywood to do it when loading a new brush to the same ID... I wonder if something like this is the case with my RNOComics issue.. doh. But some more testing would be needed to be sure.
Maybe try it on Linux or Windows. Those are much stricter concerning memory faults than the Amigaoids. So if there is a memory access fault in Hollywood it will definitely trigger more reliably on Linux, Windows, or macOS than on MorphOS :)
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

Again thank you for your code, I like it, because it is easy to understand. And as idea to use the arrows keys to go the first and last page, because this is available in all Amiga systems.
Other thing the third mouse button under MorphOS is use for the OS.
jPV

Post by jPV »

Juan Carlos wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:08 pm Again thank you for your code, I like it, because it is easy to understand. And as idea to use the arrows keys to go the first and last page, because this is available in all Amiga systems.
I modified it quite a bit recently, I guess I'm going to release it at its own program under RNO#? label after all :) I added zooming with long left press or with CTRL keys too, and several other things. BTW. default MorphOS installation doesn't do anything with the third mouse button I think, maybe you have some functionality with Chrysalis pack or so?

Here's the current source code:
http://jpv.wmhost.com/testi/RNOPDF.hws.txt

Gotta try these things in Linux/Windows, and in RNOComics, in coming days... but so far it's been more fun to write new stuff :P
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

jPV wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:53 pm
Juan Carlos wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:08 pm Again thank you for your code, I like it, because it is easy to understand. And as idea to use the arrows keys to go the first and last page, because this is available in all Amiga systems.
I modified it quite a bit recently, I guess I'm going to release it at its own program under RNO#? label after all :) I added zooming with long left press or with CTRL keys too, and several other things. BTW. default MorphOS installation doesn't do anything with the third mouse button I think, maybe you have some functionality with Chrysalis pack or so?

Here's the current source code:
http://jpv.wmhost.com/testi/RNOPDF.hws.txt

Gotta try these things in Linux/Windows, and in RNOComics, in coming days... but so far it's been more fun to write new stuff :P
Thank you for your new help file, I have problems with the page/brush rotated with the zoom don't get the brush rotated.
Also I'm working with the PDF with password protection, I got open them after of ask the password, the problem is that GetAtribute hasn't all options needed because to open the documents directly and the get directly the other PDF properties, print, writable, etc.m
I want add these options as help when you make a PDF document for example with OWB and you can put not printable or not rewrite,
The third button I saw under MorphOS don't use this for its things.
Agains thank you for your help.
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

amyren

Post by amyren »

You probably have figured out the scroll question already, but isnt this what the TextureScroll.hws example script does?
jPV

Post by jPV »

Juan Carlos wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:56 pm here is my code:
http://www.morguesoft.eu/GrimoriumPDF.hws.txt
That link doesn't work.

BTW. I quickly tried GrimorimPDF and noticed that you have used toggle menuitems where it isn't necessary. It isn't logical when you get the checkmark on items you use to select some action which isn't a selection itself.