I do not know here to go...so I posted it here.

Find quick help here to get you started with Hollywood
xboxown

I do not know here to go...so I posted it here.

Post by xboxown »

Is there a demo version of the latest hollywood where I can start learning the ropes before I purchase me a new copy or I have to buy 1st before I use hollywood? Another question, do I get a special deal if I buy all the packages at ones for hollywood that include programming iDE, hollywood and designer and GUI editor?

Thanks in advance.
SamuraiCrow

Re: I do not know here to go...so I posted it here.

Post by SamuraiCrow »

xboxown wrote:Is there a demo version of the latest hollywood where I can start learning the ropes before I purchase me a new copy or I have to buy 1st before I use hollywood? Another question, do I get a special deal if I buy all the packages at ones for hollywood that include programming iDE, hollywood and designer and GUI editor?

Thanks in advance.
There is no demo version you can program. The Windows version comes with the IDE, the rest you have to find your own IDE. Hollywood Designer has a bundle price with Hollywood but only runs on Amiga style operating systems. The GUI plugins are free but I don't know of GUI builders except one for AmigaOS 4 and it is a third party application.
I'm on registered MorphOS using FlowStudio.
xboxown

Post by xboxown »

Is CubeIDE Amiga 68k or just AmigaOS 4.x as well? What advice for best IDE environment you recommend for hollywood that works best for 68k Amiga?

Thanks in advance.
p-OS

Post by p-OS »

Cubic IDE is 68K, buit works fine on OS4 ans MorphOS , too.
xboxown

Post by xboxown »

Hehe...I have to buy two software to get it working :) So be it then! Ones I have the money I will buy hollywood and cubeIDE. It is a shame there are no games made out of it or any software.
SamuraiCrow

Post by SamuraiCrow »

While you're waiting for the money, download the Hollywood AppletViewer from the download tab and try out the applets on the Hollywood-MAL website. If you want to know how it works out on a Vampire board, the alpha-blending is slow but may be correctable with improved driver support for AMMX.
I'm on registered MorphOS using FlowStudio.