I purchased Hollywood long time ago...

Find quick help here to get you started with Hollywood
xboxown

I purchased Hollywood long time ago...

Post by xboxown »

Hey guys,

I purchased Hollywood very, very, very, very long time ago :D The old version of Hollywood had support to the custom chipsets OCS, ECS, and AGA, but I lost it and was wondering if there is away I can redownload that old version?

Another question, are the modern version of hollywood support classic Amiga's custom chipset such as OCS, ECS, or AGA and does it support 68k CPU ranging from 68000+? If the answer is yes, would I be able to make games using hollywood that run at good speed and playable speed on OCS chipset, 68000 CPU?

If the answer is no is there anyway I can download my old purchased copy? believe the version I had is 1.5 or something like that.
zylesea

Re: I purchased Hollywood long time ago...

Post by zylesea »

Newer versions of Hollywood require CGX or Picasso96 - OCS/ECS/AGA are not supported anymore. Also you nead at least a 68020 processor.
airsoftsoftwair

Re: I purchased Hollywood long time ago...

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Sorry, it's not possible to redownload your old version because the registration mechanism was completely different back then. Hollywood 6.0 doesn't support OCS/ECS/AGA at the moment but this will be supported again in the future via a plugin. But don't expect it to run on 68000 and don't expect decent speed on 68020. Maybe BlitzBasic is something for you if you need to target the old hardware.