Questions Regarding Hollywood

Find quick help here to get you started with Hollywood
ocean77

Re: Questions Regarding Hollywood

Post by ocean77 »

Compiling for Linux (ARM) doesn't seem to be an option in Designer. Is this correct or have I missed something?
SamuraiCrow

Post by SamuraiCrow »

A new version of Designer is planned but the old version is showing its age.
I'm on registered MorphOS using FlowStudio.
ocean77

Post by ocean77 »

What do I have to do to get Hollywood to recognize my video files? Is there a special format?
I've tried both mpegs and avi's with no luck. It just reports that it is of an unknown format.

Also, is there a tool available somewhere that would convert modern video files to anim's? Without going through the process of stitching together single images manually? I read somewhere that ffmpeg could convert ex. anim's to avi's, but apparently it doesn't work the other way around.
plouf

Post by plouf »

ocean77 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:05 pm What do I have to do to get Hollywood to recognize my video files? Is there a special format?
I've tried both mpegs and avi's with no luck. It just reports that it is of an unknown format.
you have to isntall and use AVcoded plugin
ocean77 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:05 pm Also, is there a tool available somewhere that would convert modern video files to anim's? Without going through the process of stitching together single images manually? I read somewhere that ffmpeg could convert ex. anim's to avi's, but apparently it doesn't work the other way around.
http://aminet.net/package/gfx/conv/AnimConvert (untested by me but obvisouly should work)
Christos
ocean77

Post by ocean77 »

Of course. The good old Aminet. Had forgotten about that. Sorry, it's been a while.
Thanks!
ocean77

Post by ocean77 »

Wow! I am actually quite pleased with what I've managed to create thus far using Hollywood Designer. Just simple, basic stuff, but at least I've stitched together something I'm very happy with in no time at all.
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Great, glad to hear that you like the software!
ocean77

Post by ocean77 »

airsoftsoftwair wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:37 pm Great, glad to hear that you like the software!
Oh, absolutely. I can see how this could be very powerful indeed. Thanks for providing us with the software.
ocean77

Post by ocean77 »

Hmmm... I need a series of text objects to scroll across the screen. One after the other. But I'm not sure how to achieve it. The combined character number seem to be too many to put them all in one object and still be only one line. And if I make separate objects they overlap. Furthermore the rest of the screen should be ready for user input while the text scrolls ie. not frozen while waiting for the text to finish.

EDIT:
Wow, I'm certainly a master of overly convoluted explanations.

I basically need a text scrolling across the screen (relatively long text) that preferably loops, while still having the rest of the screen active for user input. How do I do this in Designer?
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

ocean77 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:51 pm I basically need a text scrolling across the screen (relatively long text) that preferably loops, while still having the rest of the screen active for user input. How do I do this in Designer?
There are no in-house means to do this in Designer. It is possible by writing custom code but that is rather complicated for a beginner...