XML Parser plugin released

Official announcements from the Hollywood team
admin
Site Admin

XML Parser plugin released

Post by admin »

A new plugin for Hollywood has been released today: The XML Parser plugin allows Hollywood scripts to parse XML files easily and efficiently. This finally allows Hollywood users to make use of this extremely flexible universal markup language that can be used for so many purposes. The plugin needs to be installed into LIBS:Hollywood but the included installer will take care of that automatically. Once the plugin has been installed successfully, a new user library should show up in the plugin.api tab in the Hollywood GUI. This plugin is based on libexpat and luaexpat.

You can download the plugin from the official Hollywood portal. Thanks to Hollywood 5.0's cross-platform plugin system versions for AmigaOS3 (Classic), AmigaOS3 (FPU), AmigaOS4, MorphOS, WarpOS, AROS (Intel), Linux (PowerPC), Linux (Intel), Mac OS (PowerPC), Mac OS (Intel) and Windows are provided.
Clyde

Re: XML Parser plugin released

Post by Clyde »

Groovy, baby, thanks! :-)
Currently using: Hollywood 9 with Windows IDE and Hollywood 9 with Visual Studio Code and hw4vsc
Tuxedo

Post by Tuxedo »

As usual....

GREAT WORK! :)
Simone"Tuxedo"Monsignori, Perugia, ITALY.
NubeCheCorre

Post by NubeCheCorre »

thanks for this plugin can you tell me how can i take advantage of this plugin? an example would help me to understand better thanks :-)
PEB

Post by PEB »

@NubeCheCorre

Check out the drawers "Test" and "Doc" in the archive.
NubeCheCorre

Post by NubeCheCorre »

apologies for my ignorance but i compiled the example included in the test drawer and that what i see in my A1200:

http://www.os4games.it/immagini/Hollywood_xml.png
Clyde

Post by Clyde »

Yep, looks good to me. You see the XML nodes and stuff in the debug output window. Seems ok. So, what is your question?
Currently using: Hollywood 9 with Windows IDE and Hollywood 9 with Visual Studio Code and hw4vsc
NubeCheCorre

Post by NubeCheCorre »

well i do not understand what i should have to see in this demo.. as i do not know what exactly xml is.. that's all :)
Clyde

Post by Clyde »

Well, no offence, but I think you really should read some basic articles about XML (not related to Hollywood, just grab some info from Wikipedia and so forth) first. Then you will automagically see the benefits of the XML plugin! :-)
NubeCheCorre

Post by NubeCheCorre »

no offence, don't worry ;-) yes, indeed, i would like to know what it is and what it does, i'll have a look with Google! :-)