Ogg Vorbis and Ogg Theora plugins released

Official announcements from the Hollywood team
admin
Site Admin

Ogg Vorbis and Ogg Theora plugins released

Post by admin »

Two new plugins for Hollywood 5.0 have been released today: The Ogg Vorbis plugin allows you to play sound files in Ogg Vorbis encoding with Hollywood and the Ogg Theora plugin allows you to play video files encoded with the Ogg Theora codec with Hollywood. The Vorbis and Theora formats are especially useful because they are (most likely) not affected by software patents and so you (most likely) do not have to pay any licensing fees if you use them commercially. You can download them from the official Hollywood portal.
Allanon

Re: Ogg Vorbis and Ogg Theora plugins released

Post by Allanon »

Great addiction, thank you!
lazi

Post by lazi »

if you search a solution to convert your video to ogv (ogg video), maybe this online service comes handy:

online-convert.com

It works with current Amiga browsers.

Lazi
Clyde

Post by Clyde »

Great thing, Andreas!
Currently using: Hollywood 9 with Windows IDE and Hollywood 9 with Visual Studio Code and hw4vsc
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

One question the Hollywood for Windows has support for these two formats? because is more easy edit video and sound under this system.
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

For Andreas:

The pluggins are free distributable, for example I tested the pluggins with my Sirena Player and now it plays the ogg files, but thanks to work with the pluggin, but the question is, Can I distributable this necessary pluggin join my program or I have put a link to donwload?

Another question is for Windos version, the ogg sound format and other video formats doesn't support with Windos when you have installed codec packs, for example I have the K-Lite code pack and as Windows now doesn't work the Direct Video and Sound, the Hollywood videoplayer and sound player don't work, I tested this problem with my Booknote and my PC tower both have installed the K-Lite code pack for video and sound formats as flv, mp4, etc. This problem is solvable.
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Sorry, I don't understand your posting. Do you mean to say that the Hollywood VideoPlayer doesn't work with K-Lite Codecs?
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

Andreas wrote:Sorry, I don't understand your posting. Do you mean to say that the Hollywood VideoPlayer doesn't work with K-Lite Codecs?
No, Andreas, I have installed the K-Lite code pack and the video player thhat there is in Hollywood doesn't show video of others formats, only mpeg, not flv, mp4, divx, and with the sound the same situation, the ogg vorbis isn't played for example with my Sirena Player but under Amiga OS 4 with your pluggin this problem not appear.
airsoftsoftwair

Ok, thanks for reporting this. I'll have a look at it soon.
airsoftsoftwair

Ogg Theora plugin is now also available for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux.