Hollywood Designer 5.0: The Return of a Legend

Official announcements from the Hollywood team
admin
Site Admin

Hollywood Designer 5.0: The Return of a Legend

Post by admin »

Legends never die: Eight years after the release of Hollywood Designer 4.0, Airsoft Softwair, the hardest working men in code business, are finally proud to present the long awaited fifth incarnation of our famous Hollywood Designer. Hollywood Designer 5.0 is a multimedia authoring system that runs on top of Hollywood and can be used to create all sorts of multimedia-based applications, for example presentations, slide shows, games, and applications. Thanks to Hollywood, all multimedia applications created using Hollywood Designer can be exported as stand-alone executables for the following systems: AmigaOS3, AmigaOS4, WarpOS, MorphOS, AROS, Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, and iOS. This is a feature that is totally unique in the Amiga world!

Hollywood Designer 5.0 is a massive update and boasts lots of new features and improvements over the previous version, released almost 8 years ago. We do not want to bore you, so here are just some of them:

* Ready for Hollywood 8.0: Supremacy!
* Full Unicode support
* Guide and grid support for convenient layouting
* Multi-user support with advanced permission management
* Import objects from other projects
* Full support for Hollywood video layers
* Control bars for video objects
* Curves are now drawn as real Bézier splines - looks so much better!
* Multiple sound streams can be playing at the same time
* AROS version available for the first time
* Objects can be exported as images
* Full support for MUI 5.0 on all platforms
* New browse mode for projects
* Much more efficient I/O
* Support for presentation remotes
* Advanced search functionality
* Plugins can be linked to executables
* Lots of new action events
* Many more options for embedding custom code
* Full support for Hollywood 8.0's plugin interface
* Lots of other changes, optimizations and bug fixes

Hollywood Designer is no longer limited to "just" being an authoring software, it can now also be used as a flexible graphics editor because it supports many features of modern graphics editors like multiple layers with over 30 filter effects, vector graphics, image import, and text.

Having been in development for almost 20 years, Hollywood Designer 5.0 is a very stable and mature multimedia authoring system. We would like to emphasize that it is not only suited for personal use, but also for professional commercial customers. Ferrule Media, for instance, have created an info channel containing over 2000 (!) unique slides in a single project with Hollywood Designer. Hollywood Designer was designed to handle these huge projects efficiently so that they can run 24 hours a day and 7 days a week without any visible memory fragmentation! Ferrule Media's info channel, created with Hollywood Designer, is running in dental clinics all over Norway.

Hollywood Designer 5.0 is available as a CD and a download version. There are native versions of the program for AmigaOS3 (m68k), WarpOS (ppc), MorphOS (ppc), AmigaOS4 (ppc), and AROS (x86). If you already own a previous version of Hollywood Designer, you can buy a discounted upgrade version. People who bought Hollywood Designer 4.0 in 2020 can request a free upgrade.

Please note that Hollywood Designer 5.0 runs on top of the Multimedia Application Layer Hollywood 8.0. Thus, Hollywood 8.0 is strictly required for Hollywood Designer 5.0. Both programs are available in a special bundle which is the ultimate package for every power Amiga user who wants to see what his system can do with Hollywood 8.0 & Hollywood Designer 5.0.

Please consider buying Hollywood Designer 5.0 to show your support for our massive Amiga development efforts. Power up your Amiga system with Hollywood 8.0 & Hollywood Designer 5.0 and order now!

Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Brought to you by Airsoft Softwair - the hardest working men in code business.
emeck

Re: Hollywood Designer 5.0: The Return of a Legend

Post by emeck »

Great! At last! I Really want to try the new features. I'll start playing with it tomorrow.

Thank you very much!
PowerBook 5.2 MorphOS 3.15
PowerBook 5.8 MorphOS 3.15
Amiga 1200 BPPC/BVision AOS4.1 FE
born2code

Post by born2code »

Must. Have. This. Thanks so much!!!
Clyde

Post by Clyde »

Woha! Great news to see after starting the next home office week!

Thanks a lot, Andreas! Will buy immediately!

EDIT: Andreas, I think you mixed up some of the screenshots and their description on the Designer page (https://hollywood-mal.com/designer.html), e.g the screenshot for "Slide shows" show the Multi-user support while the screenshot entitled "Multi-user support" show linking plugins into the project(?).

The mutli-user support is interesting. Never thought that a product like Designer would need such a feature. Was this a user request?
Currently using: Hollywood 9 with Windows IDE and Hollywood 9 with Visual Studio Code and hw4vsc
tolkien

Post by tolkien »

I know what will be my present in my recent birthday.
Thanks!
lazi

Post by lazi »

You are so productive that the words "good job" or similar is really dull in this forum :)

With the AROS port it opened the access for the poor mainstream users. The windows or linux hosted AROS is really easily accessible.

Just ordered the upgrade, but I can tell you that a real shame how my currency value is dropped since the pandemia (20%).
I paid more and happily willing to pay more for your work, but the sad part, you did not got more.
Other shame paypal is no longer work on odyssey browser.

Enough negative thoughts, let's see Designer 5'! :)
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Clyde wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:25 am EDIT: Andreas, I think you mixed up some of the screenshots and their description on the Designer page (https://hollywood-mal.com/designer.html), e.g the screenshot for "Slide shows" show the Multi-user support while the screenshot entitled "Multi-user support" show linking plugins into the project(?).
Oops, yes, fixed now.
Clyde wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:25 am The mutli-user support is interesting. Never thought that a product like Designer would need such a feature. Was this a user request?
Yes, this was requested by the Norwegian company which uses Designer in a professional environment and they have multiple people working on Designer projects so they needed some sort of advanced permission management.
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

lazi wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:53 pm Just ordered the upgrade, but I can tell you that a real shame how my currency value is dropped since the pandemia (20%).
I paid more and happily willing to pay more for your work, but the sad part, you did not got more.
Thanks a lot! At least Designer hasn't cost you any money in the last 8 years because the update took so long :)
lazi

Post by lazi »

At least Designer hasn't cost you any money in the last 8 years because the update took so long
Hehe! That is a good point! :)

Now, after checked Designer 5, I am very satisfied. This is a polished, professional, full blown creative software.
It is hard to see that Designer was the goal and Hollywood is the sideeffect or vice versa.

Thank you!
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

The big question about the new Hollywood Designer, are there executable for MorphOS, AmigaOS4.x and AROS? or only for Amiga68k?