XMP plugin 1.0 released!

Official announcements from the Hollywood team
admin
Site Admin

XMP plugin 1.0 released!

Post by admin »

A blast from the past! Airsoft Softwair, the hardest working men in code business, are proud to present the XMP plugin for Hollywood. Once this plugin is installed, Hollywood will "automagically" be able to play almost all flavours of Amiga & PC tracker module formats. All formats that are supported by the Extended Module Player library (XMP) by Claudio Matsuoka and Hipolito Carraro Jr can now be played with Hollywood! For example FastTracker II, ScreamTracker, OctaMED, The Player 4/5/6, NoisePacker, ProRunner, Oktalyzer, Impulse Tracker, Ultra Tracker, Ice Tracker, Liquid Tracker, Quadra Composer, and many more.

Additionally, a demo applet which demonstrates the playback of an OctaMED file is included. This applet can also be run using the freely available Hollywood Player so people who don't own the full version of Hollywood can check it out as well.

You can download the plugin from the official Hollywood portal. Thanks to Hollywood's cross-platform plugin system versions for AmigaOS3 (Classic), AmigaOS3 (FPU), AmigaOS4, MorphOS, WarpOS, AROS (x86), Linux (arm, ppc, x86, x64), Mac OS (ppc, x86, x64), Windows (x86, x64), Android and iOS platform are provided.

This release was brought to you by Airsoft Softwair - the hardest working men in code business.
SamuraiCrow

Re: XMP plugin 1.0 released!

Post by SamuraiCrow »

Thanks Andreas! After looking though Its website I see it even plays Amos music banks! I use the Android version of this player as well!
I'm on registered MorphOS using FlowStudio.
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

There is a problem to run the Demo.hwa someone has forget incluye the jubilee-antistaticmix.med inside the plugin files. :lol:
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

No, it is included. If you get an error loading this file, then the plugin is probably not properly installed. Obviously, you need to first install the plugin and then run the demo.
LarsB

Post by LarsB »

Thanx, Andreas. Tested shortly with Win64 and an XM File from the mod archive. Which I can recommend btw.
https://modarchive.org
It contains Public Domain mods and xms in the search options. ("browse by") Before I couldnt make use of the xm format. Cool tunes. Not much memory needed.
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

airsoftsoftwair wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:36 am No, it is included. If you get an error loading this file, then the plugin is probably not properly installed. Obviously, you need to first install the plugin and then run the demo.
I installed in MorphOS and here the demo going fine, some problem under Windows, perhaps the Hollywood Player and Hollywood IDE shocks or that I have installed the Player without the plugins.
Thank you for you help.
And when we have some instructions to handle the music and sound files like cut, paste, etc.
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

Yes I found the problem, I copied the plugin inside of Player plugins folder and now it shows and plays the demo.
lazi

Post by lazi »

What a nice addition to broaden the pool of modules we can use!

Just found that the module from the Digibooster3 page plays broken with the xmp plugin, while
the command line XMP 3.9.0 plays it well.
http://krashan.ppa.pl/music/Krashan%20-%20M2.dbm

Of course the digibooster plugin plays it correctly.
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Hmm, sounds correct to me albeit the volume is a little lower than with the Digibooster plugin but I've only listened to it for about a minute. What offset in the module are you talking about?
lazi

Post by lazi »

Yes, definitively hmm! :)

It plays clearly bad.
Here you can hear it: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1m78JG ... fJs2GmgcoX

Tested on Peg2 and an almost clean install X5000. The same results.

md5sum "Tool:Hollywood/BugHunt/Krashan - M2.dbm"
8f34eda876c6987971a4d20f77807ce8 Tool:Hollywood/BugHunt/Krashan - M2.dbm

The other module: http://krashan.ppa.pl/music/Krashan%20- ... 0Field.dbm
Sound file "Krashan - The Call of Quantum Field.dbm" is in an unknown/unsupported format!

version libs:Hollywood/xmp.hwp
xmp.hwp 1.0