Hollywood has landed on iOS: Remedios 1.0 released

Official announcements from the Hollywood team
admin
Site Admin

Hollywood has landed on iOS: Remedios 1.0 released

Post by admin »

The silly season just got serious! Airsoft Softwair, the hardest working men in code business, are proud to announce that Hollywood has just landed on iOS. After the phenomenal success of the Hollywood APK Compiler Airsoft Softwair is now back on your screen with Remedios, a brand-new Hollywood add-on that allows you to turn your Hollywood applets into stand-alone iOS apps.

Remedios is the ultimate remedy against all of your iOS worries because it simplifies the creation of iOS apps to a great extent. In fact, it only takes a few mouse clicks to convert a Hollywood applet into an iOS app. Creating iOS applications has never been easier than with Remedios!

Remedios ships as an Xcode framework that can load and run Hollywood applets. It also comes with detailed instructions that will guide you through the process of converting Hollywood applets to iOS apps step by step - programming skills are not required. This allows even non-programmers to convert their Hollywood applets into stand-alone iOS apps, which can then be made available to other users, for example by uploading them to Apple's App Store.

Here are some more features of Remedios:

* supports real iOS devices (arm, arm64)
* supports Xcode's iOS simulators (x86, x64)
* Hollywood plugins are fully supported
* Hollywood plugins can be embedded in iOS apps
* Hollywood scripts can call into custom native code written in Objective-C
* data files can be embedded in iOS apps

Remedios is now available for purchase from the official Hollywood portal. Note that you'll require a macOS system with Xcode 8.2 (available for free from Apple) or better to use Remedios.

This release was brought to you by Airsoft Softwair - the hardest working men in code business.
sashapont

Re: Hollywood has landed on iOS: Remedios 1.0 released

Post by sashapont »

Cool!!!! I want it! Thank you!
sashapont

Post by sashapont »

Plugins for what os I can use in iOS version?
There are no plugins special for iOS on page https://www.hollywood-mal.com/download.html
Clyde

Post by Clyde »

Wow, this is truely impressive! I am no iPhone user nor do I like it very much (same applies to Android :-)), but I totally see that many people like it and would use your converter.
And it is awesome that it is even possible to use plugins! Even RapaGUI?

I think you deserve an Eierlikör today - at least! :-) Seriously, great job, Andreas!
Currently using: Hollywood 9 with Windows IDE and Hollywood 9 with Visual Studio Code and hw4vsc
SantiDarkG

Post by SantiDarkG »

This is awesome. Congrats for this one.

:D :D :D
lazi

Post by lazi »

What is the minimum iOS version which can run applications from Xcode 8.2?

Edit:
After some search I found that iOS10 is the minimal for Xcode 8.2, hence iPad4+, iPhone 5+ could be the target. Is that correct?
And for Xcode you need an osX 11+ machine.
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

sashapont wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:38 pm Plugins for what os I can use in iOS version?
There are no plugins special for iOS on page https://www.hollywood-mal.com/download.html
I'll soon provide iOS builds for most of the Hollywood plugins so that you can use them with Remedios.
Clyde wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:01 pm And it is awesome that it is even possible to use plugins! Even RapaGUI?
RapaGUI is the only plugin which won't make it to iOS soon. Just to give you an idea: Porting RapaGUI to Android took about 6 months of work. I'll only do this for iOS in case there's enough demand (= sales ;-)), so I'll first see how many people are really interested in using Hollywood on iOS before tackling such a huge endeavour.
lazi wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:23 am What is the minimum iOS version which can run applications from Xcode 8.2?

Remedios can create iOS apps for iOS 8 and up, 32-bit and 64-bit. If you intend to build iOS apps for very old iOS versions (and 32-bit) I suggest to install Xcode 10 now and buy Remedios now because rumour has it that Apple will remove 32-bit support and iOS 8 support from the Xcode 11 which is to be released in September or so. Remedios will always target the latest version of Xcode so if Apple removes iOS 8 support and 32-bit support from Xcode I also have to remove it from Remedios but currently it still works because the latest version of Xcode, Xcode 10, still supports iOS 8 and 32-bit.
sashapont

Post by sashapont »

airsoftsoftwair wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:03 pm ll soon provide iOS builds for most of the Hollywood plugins so that you can use them with Remedios.
It is really good news! I will be wait, because I want zip, sqlite and pdf support...
airsoftsoftwair wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:03 pm RapaGUI is the only plugin which won't make it to iOS soon. Just to give you an idea: Porting RapaGUI to Android took about 6 months of work. I'll only do this for iOS in case there's enough demand (= sales ), so I'll first see how many people are really interested in using Hollywood on iOS before tackling such a huge endeavour.
Yes I understand this position... And before buying please say, how I can use Hollywood code and interface builder...

For example how to transfer variable value from Hollywood applet to Label.Text?
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

sashapont wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:11 pm For example how to transfer variable value from Hollywood applet to Label.Text?
You need to write custom code to do that and then call the custom code using Hollywood's PerformSelector() function.
zylesea

Post by zylesea »

This is cool.
I mean the story to get there took quite a bit and I am pretty happy for you that finally you could manage to find a way to make Hollywood on iOS a reality.

Seems to be time to get an iOS device soon... ;-)