Polybios 1.0 released

Official announcements from the Hollywood team
admin
Site Admin

Polybios 1.0 released

Post by admin »

Airsoft Softwair, the hardest working men in code business, are proud to present a massive new plugin release for Hollywood: Polybios - Making History in PDF. This plugin can be used to create and view PDF documents from Hollywood scripts and will thus make all PDF dreams come true for Hollywood users. Polybios has been five years in the making and is now finally ready for release exclusively for Hollywood 7.1.

Here are just some of Polybios' impressive features:

- over 200 functions for creating and viewing PDF documents
- support for all graphics primitives
- full Unicode support
- fonts can be embedded inside PDF documents
- images and Hollywood brushes can be embedded inside PDF documents
- password-protected PDFs can be opened and created
- support for PDF encryption and compression
- files can be attached to PDF documents
- annotations can be added to PDF documents
- support for RGB, CMYK and gray color spaces
- transition effects can be embedded inside PDF documents
- hypertext links can be embedded inside PDF documents
- table of contents generation is supported
- inbuilt PDF viewer is based on the famous fast and powerful PDF engine used in a very popular browser by a very well-known American Internet company and is thus very compatible and complete
- PDF pages can be exported as Hollywood brushes
- PDF pages can be accessed as vector brushes allowing for lossless scaling, rotation, and transformation
- Polybios comes with over 150 pages of documentation to get you started quickly
- over 25 ready-to-run examples are included in the Polybios distribution

And the best of all: Polybios is provided free of charge for all existing Hollywood users. Thus, please consider buying Hollywood to show your support for our massive development efforts.

The plugin is now available for download from the official Hollywood portal. Thanks to Hollywood's cross-platform plugin system versions for AmigaOS3 (m68k, m881), AmigaOS 4, MorphOS, WarpOS, AROS (x86), Linux (ppc, arm, x86, x64), Mac OS (ppc, x86, x64), Windows (x86, x64) and Android (arm, arm64) are provided.

Made possible only by Airsoft Softwair, forever the hardest working men in code business.
lazi

Re: Polybios 1.0 released

Post by lazi »

Can't find words...

Have not downloaded yet, but already gave me several ideas. Insane...

Two questions arised and hope I will find answare in the docs:
- Can it create PDF/A (archived) documents? (Quite popular in burocratic nonsense)
- Can it extract picture from PDF? (something I made it before in scriptwise but not 100% compatible)

Words can't make it useful, so may the force give us time and talent to develop some nice hws! :)
Mufa

Post by Mufa »

Good job. Very fast PDF viewer. Unfortunately, I found one bug. The browser will not read the PDF document that is in the directory containing the national characters. For example, I keep the Hollywood program in the użytki directory, which means "Utilities" in Polish. because in the word of use is the letter "ż", they could not read the documentation to Hollywood, after copying this PDF to RAM:, of course, the reading was not a problem.
lazi

Post by lazi »

As Roy Baty said: "Questions!" :)

Andreas we need a Polybios chapter in the forum's plugin section.
I think that will be very active in the forthcoming weeks.

Just to solve the plugin naming puzzle will give enough seed for posts. :)
divsalv

Post by divsalv »

why is it only for hollywood 7.1?
lazi

Post by lazi »

There was a bunch of plugin API changes in 7.1.
I think most of them was required for this plugin.

What is your problem with 7.1? :-)
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

Congratulations Andreas for this new plugin.
I have a problem with the chm help under Windows with the ide doesn't show this and other chm help only three chm.
zylesea

Post by zylesea »

Oh, what a nice suprise. pdf support was pretty high on my personal wish list.
Thank you Andreas.
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

lazi wrote: - Can it create PDF/A (archived) documents? (Quite popular in burocratic nonsense)
No, this is not really supported by libharu used by Polybios.
- Can it extract picture from PDF? (something I made it before in scriptwise but not 100% compatible)
Double no, but editing capabilities are planned for the future.
Mufa wrote: Unfortunately, I found one bug. The browser will not read the PDF document that is in the directory containing the national characters. For example, I keep the Hollywood program in the użytki directory, which means "Utilities" in Polish. because in the word of use is the letter "ż", they could not read the documentation to Hollywood, after copying this PDF to RAM:, of course, the reading was not a problem.
Confirmed. Will be fixed, thanks for reporting. Only Amiga versions are affected by the way. On all other platforms this issue shouldn't be there.
Andreas we need a Polybios chapter in the forum's plugin section
Ok, I'll add this.
why is it only for hollywood 7.1?
Needs some fixes introduced with 7.1.
I have a problem with the chm help under Windows with the ide doesn't show this and other chm help only three chm.
Works here. Have you copied Polybios.chm to the "Docs" directory of your Hollywood installation? e.g. "C:\Program Files\Hollywood\Docs"?
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

Thanks Andreas for your answer, now the Windows IDE knows all chm helps. The Windows and its strange things.