Hollywood goes SID!

Official announcements from the Hollywood team
jPV

Re: Hollywood goes SID!

Post by jPV »

airsoftsoftwair wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:19 pm
bitRocky wrote:Yes, I know and I already did;) and found some SIDs (search for "First Rock-Try" on the hvsc.c64.org) that let the plugin "go wild", means cpu is at max and seems to be in an endless loop and Hollywood can't be quit! Only freezing of the task, or reboot helps.
Well, of course TinySID is quite old and has problems with some SIDs. But I don't think I'm gonna fix bugs in the SID emulation ;-)
Umm.. there wouldn't be any way to fix this "endless loop" issue? Pretty annoying if you select a wrong .sid and are forced to reboot your machine. The hang happens if you just do OpenMusic() for a non-supported sid file... some way to detect it and continue with the program would be much nicer.
airsoftsoftwair

Re: Hollywood goes SID!

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

jPV wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:29 pm Umm.. there wouldn't be any way to fix this "endless loop" issue? Pretty annoying if you select a wrong .sid and are forced to reboot your machine.
Yes, that should be possible to fix. I thought the OP was talking about playback issues which I definitely don't want to fix. But of course system freezes should be fixed...