Hollywood APK Compiler 2.0 released

Official announcements from the Hollywood team
admin
Site Admin

Hollywood APK Compiler 2.0 released

Post by admin »

Airsoft Softwair - the hardest working men in code business - are proud to present version 2.0 of the Hollywood APK Compiler. This program allows the conversion of Hollywood applets into stand-alone APK packages that can then be published on the Google Play Store or distributed in an other way. Once the Hollywood APK Compiler has been set up, the conversion of a Hollywood applet into an APK file takes only a few seconds. Additionally, the Hollywood APK Compiler can also install the generated APK file onto an Android device connected via USB.

Version 2.0 is a major update that adds support for the Gradle build system. A few months ago, the Android SDK build system was changed from Apache Ant to Gradle. The Hollywood APK Compiler now supports this new build system. Version 2.0 also erases the dependency on Cygwin meaning the Hollywood APK Compiler can be used without Cygwin now. Finally, version 2.0 also allows you to set the Android target version. If you set this to 3.0, your app will no longer be marked as "Designed for phones" on the Play Store. This update is provided free of charge for all licensees of the Hollywood APK Compiler and can be downloaded from the restricted download section.

The Hollywood APK Compiler comes with a convenient GUI that allows you to convert your Hollywood applets into stand-alone APK files with just a few mouse clicks. A detailed documentation of all the program's features is also included. The APKs generated by the Hollywood APK Compiler will run on all ARM-based Android devices that run at least Android 2.3.3 (Gingerbread).

The program's license also allows you to sell the apps created by the Hollywood APK Compiler without any restrictions or royalties. So there is nothing stopping you from getting rich quickly with your Hollywood applets on the Google Play Store now! Programming and publishing for Android has really never been so easy!

So get ready for Android development and purchase the Hollywood APK Compiler now on the official Hollywood portal! This release was brought to you by Airsoft Softwair - the hardest working men in code business.

Image Image Image
airsoftsoftwair

Re: Hollywood APK Compiler 2.0 released

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

People who've already installed an older version of the APK Compiler and wish to upgrade please do note that since so many things have changed under the hood in the Android build chain, you'll have to install the latest Android Studio before the new version will work. Please follow the installation instructions in the manual.
zylesea

Post by zylesea »

Rock'n'roll! Man, do you ever sleep?
xabierpayet

Post by xabierpayet »

following the install instructions...:
Click on the "SDK Tools" tab and select the items "CMake" and "NDK". Then click "Apply". The SDK Manager will now install CMake and the Android NDK which are both needed by the Hollywood APK Compiler.
CMake is not in my list, i can see NDk, SDK, Emulator... but CMake don´t, any idea to solve this?
airsoftsoftwair

Have you installed the latest Android Studio?
xabierpayet

Post by xabierpayet »

yes, i uninstall all previous programs, and reinstall again
airsoftsoftwair

Hmm, weird. Maybe it is already installed? Can you try to run the APK Compiler and see if it's working?
xabierpayet

Post by xabierpayet »

cmake not found say at the end of the screen
airsoftsoftwair

And you're really using the latest Android Studio 2.3.1 for Windows? I.e. the one from here: https://developer.android.com/studio/index.html ?

If that's the case, please post a screenshot of what your "SDK Tools" tab looks like...
xabierpayet

Post by xabierpayet »

yes, i´m using the same version, i´m uninstalling all again i try to reinstall for 3rst time, the process is tedious and very long x(