Hollywood manual now available in German

Official announcements from the Hollywood team
admin
Site Admin

Hollywood manual now available in German

Post by admin »

Thanks to a great translation effort by Dominic Widmer and Helmut Haake the extensive Hollywood manual is now also available in a German version. The German manual of Hollywood is almost 900 PDF pages and can now be viewed and downloaded from the official Hollywood portal at http://www.hollywood-mal.de/

The last Hollywood version which included a German manual was version 1.9, released in 2005. Back then the German Hollywood manual was maintained by Alexander Pfau on whose pioneer work the new translation is based. Thanks to Airsoft Softwair's MetaDoc engine the German Hollywood manual is not only available as a PDF but also as AmigaGuide, HTML, and CHM. All formats can be downloaded from the official Hollywood portal at http://www.hollywood-mal.de/

Thanks to Dominic Widmer and Helmut Haake for their impressive translation effort!
lazi

Re: Hollywood manual now available in German

Post by lazi »

Congratulations!

I am interested, what was the source type of the translations? AmigaGuide or other format?
How much man-hour was needed for the translation?

Bye!
HelmutH

Post by HelmutH »

@Andreas
Thank you for your praise.
I'm glad, that have some already has given a postive feedback and I hope that there now more make with Hollywood.

@Lazi
We used AmigaGuide and a specific source type from Andreas.
Dominic and I, begans the translation at Februar 2016.
How many man-hour we needed, I don't known, because we have different time, to work on the translation.
At 420 days, I work not always 1 hour per days, but on some days 2 and more hours.
Therfore, I can't say the accurate hours.
greeting Helmut
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

@lazi: The Hollywood documentation is stored in a proprietary meta format which is converted to HTML/CHM/AmigaGuide/PDF using a custom toolchain named MetaDoc written by yours truly :)
jPV

Post by jPV »

airsoftsoftwair wrote:@lazi: The Hollywood documentation is stored in a proprietary meta format which is converted to HTML/CHM/AmigaGuide/PDF using a custom toolchain named MetaDoc written by yours truly :)
Hmm.. so when we do get the updated (English) HTML manual for 7.0? I prefer to read documentation in HTML, but it's 6.1 at the home page and at least Amiga archive does contain only PDF and AmigaGuide versions...
p-OS

Post by p-OS »

Hmm.. so when we do get the updated (English) HTML manual for 7.0? I prefer to read documentation in HTML, but it's 6.1 at the home page and at least Amiga archive does contain only PDF and AmigaGuide versions...
Yes, HTML doc is more readable. The English Version seems to be included only in the HW7 Linux Archive. It is not part of Amiga and Windows Archives nor is it available as separate Download archive. The existance of the HTML documentation and where to find it is not even mentioned anywhere at all. Thus you have to extract the gzipped tar file Archive of Linux Version and copy the content of the docs/ Directory it to your Hollywood:Docs/ Directory.
Doubt that most Amiga/Win/Mac Users do know that they have to download the Linux Archive too and thus use the online version as there only known source.
Don't know why the HTML doc on the Homepage is not updated, should not be a time consuming task. Practically copying files I assume...
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

The reason why I haven't updated the docs yet is that I'm still working on finishing the SDK docs for 7.0. Once this is finished, I'll update all the docs on the Hollywood portal. Should be only a few more days until that...