Re: Hollywood 7: Eternity out now!

Post by stefff285 »

hello lazzi

first thanx for reply :) ok i will wait some more no problem

have a goood day, night or else ^^
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

lazi wrote:The 64 bit thing is out of my knowledge because Amiga has not reached that yet.

However I have some idea about the pros and cons:
- larger addressing space, so the program can utilize more than 4GB of memory
- Modern CPUs execute 64 bit code faster
- larger executable size because of 64 bit opcodes

Is that true for HW 64 bit? What other impacts we have if compiling to 64 bit?
Well, 64-bit is the future :) Currently of course 64-bit support is mostly of interest for Linux users because most Linux distributions nowadays don't support 32-bit binaries out of the box any longer. It's quite a hassle to run 32-bit binaries on modern 64-bit Linux distributions. So the 64-bit version of Hollywood is really useful on Linux. But also on Windows and Mac OS the native 64-bit performance should be a little better than 32-bit.
zylesea wrote: iOS? I mean, as of 6.1 there was this greyed iOS option. What's the thing with iOS - can you compile for iOS now???
No, not yet, but I plan to create something similar to the APK Compiler for iOS. There is also a Hollywood Player for iOS now. Unfortunately, it was rejected by the app store rules because it seems to fall under the "anti-Adobe Flash-rule." I'll try to convince Apple to allow it but if that doesn't succeed, there's still the possibility of creating something like the APK Compiler but for iOS. So there are good chances that you'll soon be able to save your *.hwa for iOS as well :)
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

Hi Andreas, thanks for this update, I tryed to install the MacOS PPC version on my Mac mini and the installer ask me the key I read the install txt but I think that a little compliqued copy the key in the resource, etc. because under MacOS I can't see the folders with the files, only in other systems like Windows but also is compliqued open the dmg file, do you make the installer like Amiga version? Because I like the new installer way in Amiga. Thanks
airsoftsoftwair

Just right-click on the app bundle in Finder and choose "Show package contents". Then you can browse through the app bundle and copy the keyfile to its appropriate location. Mac OS apps typically don't use installers, you just install them via drag'n'drop.
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

Thanks Andreas, I did and I can run the Hollywood on my Mac mini.
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

Again Hi Andreas, two questions.
I copy the GLGalore examples in my Mac PPC and I copy the PPC plugins inside de Plugins folder and when I tryed to run an example the script open the message of glgalore.hwp plugin doesn't find.
And with the new version the icons embeded inside the file doesn't show with the program now is show a default icon of MacOS, this is a bug?
peceha

Post by peceha »

On the classic amiga (at least mine, wb3.1) when the installer asks for the key file I point to the one provided via email and... the key is being rejected with the message that most likely it is for older version - the only way to continue is to abort installation and copy the file manually. After this HW7 works fine so it seems there is a problem with installer.
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

@perceha
I have installed it under WinUAE with OS3.9 and the installer works fine.
peceha

Post by peceha »

@Juan Carlos
well, maybe that was just a random glitch of may amiga :)
airsoftsoftwair

Juan Carlos wrote: I copy the GLGalore examples in my Mac PPC and I copy the PPC plugins inside de Plugins folder and when I tryed to run an example the script open the message of glgalore.hwp plugin doesn't find.
What is your Mac OS version? Are you on 10.4 or 10.5? GL Galore requires at least 10.5. It won't work on 10.4.
And with the new version the icons embeded inside the file doesn't show with the program now is show a default icon of MacOS, this is a bug?
What do you mean by "file"? Do you mean Hollywood examples or your own projects compiled by Hollywood?