Hollywood APK Compiler 1.2 released

Official announcements from the Hollywood team
admin
Site Admin

Hollywood APK Compiler 1.2 released

Post by admin »

Airsoft Softwair, the hardest working men in code business, are back on your screen with a late night release: The Hollywood APK Compiler 1.2. This version contains two major new features: It's possible now to link Hollywood plugins into your APK files and it's also possible to link Android assets with the Hollywood APK Compiler and access them later from your Hollywood script using new Hollywood 6.1 APIs. Finally, the Hollywood APK Compiler is now compatible with the latest version of the Android NDK. The Hollywood APK Compiler 1.2 is now available for download for all registered users from the restricted download area.

This release was brought to you by the hardest working men in code business.
Allanon

Re: Hollywood APK Compiler 1.2 released

Post by Allanon »

A W E S O M E :D
I'll order soon this baby!
g0blin

Post by g0blin »

Hello y'all,

after quite some time out of business I am now working on the Android version of "The Secret of Middle City".
Since I need to get back on shape first, I am just experimenting with Hollywwod and the latest APK compiler.

When I coded the game in 2014 I decided not to use the preprocessors commands and to load the assets on the fly for run-time memory occupancy problems (expecially on Amiga systems). I understand (but I have not tried it yet) that I can now do the same with the "GetAsset" command.

My questions are:
1) is there a limit to the number of assets I can link to an APK file? (TSMC uses a lot of them ....).
2) will the assets be wrapped around the apk file so the user will have a single file to download and install?

OFF TOPIC: is it possible to load an Hollywood compiled apk file on Play Store?

Thanks
g0blin
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

g0blin wrote: 1) is there a limit to the number of assets I can link to an APK file? (TSMC uses a lot of them ....).
No.
2) will the assets be wrapped around the apk file so the user will have a single file to download and install?
Yes, they will be packed into your APK.
OFF TOPIC: is it possible to load an Hollywood compiled apk file on Play Store?
Sure, that's possible.
g0blin

Post by g0blin »

Thanks a lot.
Really nice stuff!