Feature requests for future versions of Hollywood can be voiced here
fingus

CloneWb Screen

Post by fingus »

Title says it all!
airsoftsoftwair

Re: CloneWb Screen

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Should already be possible by specifying 0 in SCRWIDTH and SCRHEIGHT arguments, i.e.

Code: Select all

Hollywood file.hws -scrwidth 0 -scrheight 0
fingus

Post by fingus »

Andreas wrote:Should already be possible by specifying 0 in SCRWIDTH and SCRHEIGHT arguments, i.e.

Hollywood file.hws -scrwidth 0 -scrheight 0
It´s not working within the script, using the @screen-preprocessor-command and leads always to a 640x480-Screen/Window.

This seems to be the only way to open a Fullscreen with the Host-Resolution, but it has the big disadvantage, that you have always a second window named "Hollywood" in 640x480 open on Windows:

SetDisplayAttributes({title=#VERSION, width=1600, height=1200, Layers= True, scalemode=#SCALEMODE_LAYER, Smoothscale=True, scalewidth = GetAttribute(#DISPLAY, 0, #ATTRHOSTWIDTH) , scaleheight = GetAttribute(#DISPLAY, 0, #ATTRHOSTHEIGHT), hidden=True })
ChangeDisplayMode(#DISPMODE_FULLSCREEN,  GetAttribute(#DISPLAY, 0, #ATTRHOSTWIDTH), GetAttribute(#DISPLAY, 0, #ATTRHOSTHEIGHT))
In general, it´s very confusing having this several commands like Setdisplayattributes, changedisplaymode, @screen, @display...etc.
I know it´s for compatibility-reasons, but it´s confusing for the coder!
airsoftsoftwair

It´s not working within the script, using the @screen-preprocessor-command and leads always to a 640x480-Screen/Window.

This seems to be the only way to open a Fullscreen with the Host-Resolution, but it has the big disadvantage, that you have always a second window named "Hollywood" in 640x480 open on Windows:
Now I'm confused... you want to clone the Workbench screen but you mention Windows in the same context? You know that no other operating system supported by Hollywood has the concept of screens, right? The screen concept is really unique to the Amiga.
In general, it´s very confusing having this several commands like Setdisplayattributes, changedisplaymode, @screen, @display...etc.
I know it´s for compatibility-reasons, but it´s confusing for the coder!
Well, there is of course a rationale behind this design. The preprocessor commands like @DISPLAY are for compile-time definitions whereas commands like SetDisplayAttributes() are for run-time changes to an existing display. The @SCREEN preprocessor command specifies the initial screen mode for the entire script. It is not possible to merge this with the @DISPLAY preprocessor command because on Amiga systems, there could be multiple displays on a single screen. Of course, on systems like Windows the @SCREEN doesn't really make sense and could be merged with @DISPLAY but on AmigaOS it's not that easy.

To cut a long story short: I don't really know what you want to do because you mention Windows and cloning Wb screen in the same context which doesn't make sense. Please explain it in some more detail and maybe I can add the feature in the future if it's not possible already.
fingus

Post by fingus »

Andreas wrote:

Now I'm confused... you want to clone the Workbench screen but you mention Windows in the same context? You know that no other operating system supported by Hollywood has the concept of screens, right? The screen concept is really unique to the Amiga.
Sorry, i have forgot to mention that i did a programm that should run on Windows AND Amiga with the same codebase. And in that case i have experienced this second window on Windows appering what is really disturbing and looking unprofessional.
airsoftsoftwair

Ok, but I still don't know when exactly you are confronted with this second window on Windows...